Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 Introduction Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 Carerra RSR 3.0.jpg

Assetto Corsa developer Kunos Simulazioni has released a new introduction video for the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0, due to be made available for purchase as part of the upcoming Porsche Volume One DLC package in just a few days.

With three proposed DLC packages on their way for Assetto Corsa, Volume One will contain seven new cars across several decades of Porsche automotive history, forming a nice mix of modern and historic road and racing machines. The 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 is of 1974 vintage and as such will no doubt feature more power than grip, H-Pattern gear shifting and some pretty epic noise emissions from the twin exit big bore exhausts, nestled under one of the prettiest rear ends in road car design :)) ) .

A personal favourite of mine, I for one can't wait to give the 911 Carrera RSR its first tentative laps around one of the many laserscanned tracks in Assetto Corsa. Only three days to go...

From the official video introduction:

"When choosing the most exciting 911 of all time, the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR would come out on top. Based on the 911 Carrera RS homologation model, the RSR was built in 1972 as a Group 4 race car, whose performance far exceeded that of its predecessors.

The front and rear wings were five centimetres wider, and the oil cooler was located under the car's front-end which visually highlighted the power of the 55 911 Carrera RSRs produced. The rear of the vehicle had a six-cylinder engine with increased displacement, whose performance was increased to 330 hp at 8,000 rpm, thanks to dual ignition and larger valves and cylinders"

911 Carrera RSR 3.0 - 1974

Porsche Volume One DLC will contain the following cars:
  • 911 Carrera S,
  • 935 Moby Dick
  • 918 Spyder
  • Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • 718 Cayman S
  • 917/30
  • 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 1974
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 Carerra RSR 3.0 3.jpg

The Porsche Panamera G2 and a 1960's version of the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit will be added to Assetto Corsa as free content in conjunction with the upcoming update to the game, expected to be release at a similar time as the Porsche Volume One DLC.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now. The Porsche Pack Volume One, containing seven Porsche vehicles is scheduled for release on October 25th for PC, then in early November on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 Carerra RSR 3.0 2.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

What do you think of the '73 911 Carrera RSR 3.0? Which car from the Volume One DLC pack are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I want these cars to be as good as I remember.
KS has done some very good work in most areas of AC since release...other areas are lacking a bit.
Hopefully, the guys at Porsche have laid down an extra level of standards on how they want the brand represented.
Nothing would make me happier than if these cars teleported me to my days as a young tech.

You'd be surprised instead at how much grip this car has ;)

Very!
Is it a 'handful?'....absolutely.
But I hope the comment preceding yours is not some veiled attempt at making these cars handle poorly.
They simply don't....as long as you know how they should be driven.
Lots of oversteer if you go in too hot... controlled by adequate throttle and minute steering inputs.
That's it.

Very!
Is it a 'handful?'....absolutely.
But I hope the comment preceding yours is not some veiled attempt at making these cars handle poorly.
They simply don't....as long as you know how they should be driven.
Lots of oversteer if you go in too hot... controlled by adequate throttle and minute steering inputs.
That's it.

This car has lots of grip. That is what I meant. On semislicks it really sticks to the tarmac and you must try your best to get it sliding. On bias-ply it's different obviously. The yellowbird has much less grip than this "little" one :D

Car is glorious indeed but I'm pretty sure the helmet thingy is edited in. That said, I too would like a better camera implementation in AC, I really like the head movement of AMS, the translation of car movement to head feels a lot more natural and less "over stabilized" like you get from AC's cams. Just makes it feel a lot more lively to me. :p
For example this vid here in spoiler (since it's way OT), if anyone knows how to achieve that effect in AC I'm all ears -

Car is glorious indeed but I'm pretty sure the helmet thingy is edited in. That said, I too would like a better camera implementation in AC, I really like the head movement of AMS, the translation of car movement to head feels a lot more natural and less "over stabilized" like you get from AC's cams. Just makes it feel a lot more lively to me. :p
For example this vid here in spoiler (since it's way OT), if anyone knows how to achieve that effect in AC I'm all ears -
Have you tried RHM plugin?
I actually don't quite like how default camera works in AMS (I don't like the AC one much either), especially when I'm driving some more "boat like" cars. Diving and squatting feel way too much exaggerated so I spent quite a few hours tuning them until I feel happy.
What FOV do you use? I think how good default camera looks could be largely related to the how big your FOV is.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000