News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

thanks for that interview!

But of course, along with Ferrari Lotus Cars is one of the car manufacturers that have particularly enjoyed our approach to the simulation

that is really cool...:D

I hope that there will be Ferrari DLC... As the new 458 Speciale has just been announced...

-100kg, +35hp, -0.4s from 0 to 100 kmph... +new sensational look...
http://458speciale.ferrari.com/en#overview

While that is a awesome car, I'd rather see some classic Ferraris than an other F458, sorry :)

[EN] Example of sun position calculated in realtime, depending by geographical coordinates of the track and by the sun curve according to time and date.
[IT] Esempio di posizione del sole calcolata in realtime in funzione delle coordinate geografiche del circuito e della curva del sole in base a data e ora.
1272323_708042325888755_1621541491_o.jpg

Did anyone else spot the fact that as well as the fact we can race, we can also drive in traffic? This checks off my dream to relive my old Amiga racing game passion that was Test Drive 2 :)

Does anyone know if tracks can be added by Modders as well as vehicles? I'd love to drive through traffic on some of the legendary rfactor 20km+ road courses

Did anyone else spot the fact that as well as the fact we can race, we can also drive in traffic? ...

I thought that at first too but I am pretty sure it is a auto translation thing... My guess is that it simply means AI (racing)...

So why it looks different? Shadows in game are longer that on the pthoto also they are in different position based on these red thingy.

Because AC is obviously arcade, we all know that after the Ferrari video :D:D:D
On a more serious note maybe the exact spot is 30m down the pitane but whatever ;)

[EN] Example of sun position calculated in realtime, depending by geographical coordinates of the track and by the sun curve according to time and date.

that is pretty neat...:thumbsup:
One idea though wouldn't it be cool to have a "auto" setting for the time. Where the time is set according to your windows time (they take the date nonetheless I would guess from the FB message). This would be especially cool when there might be night racing in the future. So it will always be the "same" as outside :p. And then think about this "feature" with weather (according to real weather forcasts) or different season (leafs vs. no leafs) :cool::D

In 1998 he stepped up from Kart racing, by competing in Italian Formula Campus and the Italian Renault Megane Cup Winter Series. A year later he drove in the Italian Renault Clio V6 Cup Winter Series, along with selected rounds of the Italian Renault Megane Cup. 2000 saw him finish the season fourth on points in the Renault Clio V6 Eurocup. That year he also became champion in the Italian Renault Clio Cup Winter Series. another title followed in 2002, winning the Italian Alfa 147 Cup.

Balzan progressed up to the European Touring Car Championship for the 2003 season. He raced an Alfa Romeo for the Bigazzi Team, and in 2004 he drove a JAS ran Honda. In 2005 and 2006 he drove in the Italian Superturismo Championship.[1]

He competed in the inaugural season of the World Touring Car Championship in 2005, for the independent Scuderia del Girasole Team in a SEAT Toledo. Competing in five rounds, his best finish was an eleventh place in round two of the opening event at Monza. He returned to the WTCC in 2006 for the opening four rounds, this time in an Alfa Romeo 156 for DB Motorsport. Balzan managed an impressive fourth place finish, in race two at monza.

For 2007 he competed in the Superstars Series in a Jaguar S-Type. In 2008 he drove a Ferrari F430 in the Italian GT Championship.

In the 2008 he drove the Ferrari 430 GT2 in the Italian Gt championship, he won 2 races and several times he finished on podium.

2009, 2010 and 2011 Porsche Carrera Cup Italian Champion, in the 2011 he set the world fastest lap ever during the Porsche Supercup Qualyfing at Monza, during the Formula One Gran Prix.

2012 Ferrari 458 Challenge WORLD and EUROPEAN Champion with Ferrari team Moscow.

2013 GRAND AM Season 458 GT3. Including the 24 hours of Daytona where he finish 4TH.

He certainly has the credentials ;)

From Facebook:
"Ok here it is translated in english. Thank you Alex!

Today, thanks to the staff of Assetto Corsa and Luca Casarotto, I had the opportunity to test their simulator.
I'd like to state that I'm not paid by Kunos Simulazione, except for the coffee, and indeed I'd like to thank them for their commitment and dedication. I'm looking forward to buy a copy immediately.

The impression, never had with other simulators, is the feeling of the car, the feel of the tyres / adhesion and especially not having to do "forced" trajectories where the grip is higher. I started at Imola, professional bias, with the 458 gt2, the car with which I won the 6h Vallelunga in real life.
In terms of graphics the combination of track/car give a staggering result, but I do not give that much importance to the beauty. I go out of the pits on cold tires and forcing immediately I can feel that the car is not ready .. taking it easy for 2-3 laps and apart than overshooting the braking point a couple of times, I never go in spin. It's not me that is good but the fact that I finally feel so gradually the loss of grip on the gas. Counter steering gives an obvious waste of laptime, but also big satisfaction for having controlled oversteer in third and fourth gear.
I could never drive like this right out of the box with any simulator, 5-6 consecutive laps without crashing heavily somewhere. Sorry in advance for the long post, I will add details if anyone is interested.

Trying the 599xxEvo, that I've really driven, the admiration for Assetto Corsa increases. From the sound to the violence of the acceleration, to the active rear wing, stunning in the replays... and then a bit of vintage Lotus Senna (98T) where you are brainwashed... manual gearbox, locking the wheels, turbo lag... thank god for modern electronics! Beautiful and cursed at the same time.

Changing to the road car BMW M3 where Aris gave me a little lesson on drifting... you can appreciate the drive-ability and the sincerity of the steering wheel even more.. Watching the replay at Magione of car drifting, let you speechless, but not with me driving eh!!

I have one word to describe Assetto Corsa. SENSATIONAL CORSA! I'd like to thank all the guys at Assetto Corsa for the opportunity. Last thing, I wanted to write what I really think based on my real life experience, so it should be taken as a free personal thinking that you might agree or not! Ciao!"

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%