News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Not quite a fair comparison, as the ACO are committed to pegging back the GT3 entries to keep the GTE class significantly faster.

so?! :D that's part of the game i believe. if you take every single variable into consideration - tires, setup, weather, driver, fuel load ..... - you will never be able to compare times. not even if you compare the same cars. for me, this is enough to say, that the difference in performance between the gte and the gt3 version is that little, that there is absolutely no problem to race this gte version of the 458 against other gt3 cars! that's the point here isn't it? we are in a thread about assetto corsa, aren't we? :p

ACO have been forced to accept GT3 cars in their regional championships to boost grid numbers to respectable levels. They absolutely will not allow a straight fight between GTE and GT3 like GT Open does. Hence they're pegged back further to increase the gap over that which you'd normally expect in any given set of circumstances

Not sure if this is simply a translation thing but look at the bold part...

Assetto Corsa introduces the Ferrari 458 GT2. This car follows the 458 Italia and the F40, and is the third of the first five Ferraris announced for Assetto Corsa. Based on technical data provided by the technical department of Maranello, this awesome racing car has also been a subject of study and analysis on many occasions during tests held at Vallelunga Race circuit, where the Kunos Simulazioni's HQ is located. Feedback from the drivers and data analysis have been very important in order to reproduce this car with the maximum fidelity.

I'd take more Ferraris in a heartbeat :D

And just to add to the confusion, the GT2 is the GTE class car everybody is talking about or is the GT2 an "older" car from the real GT2 class?

Some interesting information. GT3 cars must have production series pickup points on the suspension and scheme, with only slight modifications. They have less restrictions on the engine, ABS and TC is permitted and usually they weight a bit less. So they are less refined but faster on a straight line and, usually, easier to drive.

The GTE cars have much more advanced suspensions, a bit more downforce, although that depends also on the BoP that regulates the height of wings etc. They have much more restricted engines (in the case of the 458 is almost ridiculous as you need to gear change at around 6500-7000rpm while the car could do over 9000) and weight a bit more and they don't have ABS or TC (although on some series TC is permitted)
I've read through the GT3 technical specifications, and I don't remember anything about requiring stock pickup points. I don't remember there being a requirement for stock ANYTHING. Hence how they dropped a V8 in the Z4.

I also wasn't aware any series didn't allow GTE cars to use TC. Which ones don't?
Not quite a fair comparison, as the ACO are committed to pegging back the GT3 entries to keep the GTE class significantly faster.
so?! :D that's part of the game i believe. if you take every single variable into consideration - tires, setup, weather, driver, fuel load ..... - you will never be able to compare times. not even if you compare the same cars.
Well, if you have car A and car B, and you slow down car B by some amount of time, then compare the two speeds and find car B is slower, that doesn't tell you anything about how fast car B was in comparison to car A before it was slowed down.

Well, if you have car A and car B, and you slow down car B by some amount of time, then compare the two speeds and find car B is slower, that doesn't tell you anything about how fast car B was in comparison to car A before it was slowed down.

i totally agree! but if car B is slown down by regulations, i guess kunos will consider these regulations so the car B (we get ingame) is also about that fast as car A. you see my point?? i'm completely not interested in how fast one car could be IF and so on ... the only thing i'm interested in is having races in assetto corsa with as much cars as possible that have about the same performance. and i think we can expect that (at least in this case.. i'm not comparing an xbow with a pagani zonda for sure :D )

i totally agree! but if car B is slown down by regulations, i guess kunos will consider these regulations so the car B (we get ingame) is also about that fast as car A. you see my point??
True, but the cars in the GTC class of ELMS are not standard GT3 cars, and thus different from what AC will have. That's why Italian GT Open is the easiest place to compare GTE and GT3 on the same track in the same conditions.

That car would only make sense to have in game with proper engine sounds.

If they manage to reproduce this engine with true to life sounds ill organize "Burn All My Other Games Day" and never touch anything else again.
I'll join you - maybe the manufacturers should make that level of sound reproduction a licensing requirement!:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.