Assetto Corsa: Lamborghini teaser video revealed

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have released a teaser showing some of the content coming to their PC simulation Assetto Corsa.

The video unveils the official license of Lamborghini Automobili in a mix of previous cars and tracks from their latest DLC and some of the upcoming models from the Italian super car manufacturer that gamers can expect in 2015:
  • Lamborghini Asterion
  • Lamborghini Aventador
  • Lamborghini Countach
  • Lamborghini Gallardo 570-4 Superleggera
  • Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
  • Lamborghini Miura SV
  • Lamborghini Veneno

Just checked, that 'metallic-purple' color isn't an official Kunos color for the P1...

That alone interests me more than the coming-off for Lamborghini in AC. :confused:
(Seriously, I want that color now, it looks fantastic on the P1)

Edit* - Well it's actually red, in sunset-lighting... dang, I was hoping for some surprise Lamborghini-inspired colors

Last edited:
Is this a joke... click bait ! Same news we got months back and this is absolutely not a tease video of the upcoming Lambos !
Why not throw the hate to the one that actually uploaded the video two days ago?

clickbait huh.jpg

Calm down Trevor.
Lol, if it were click bait, then we could've come up with something way more creative,

Like: "Local sim racer finds secrets of taking seconds off every lap. Angers game developers worldwide."

Or,
"5 alternative steps to never coming second again! Make $250 a day!"

Or,
"5 Super Models who are closet Simracers!"

I'm more supportive of DLC for smaller ventures especially in niche markets. Remember we used to have things called expansion packs back in the days before digital distribution.

I think the near ideological resistance to DLC from many people is simply an excessive ingrained belief that's been inspired by the indulgent mess that the mainstream publishers have made of it. That Kunos is continuing to release free content in parallel with premium content is demonstrative of them not being vulgar bare knuckle capitalists doing their best to manipulate the end user out of every penny but instead a developer that understands they need a more mutually beneficial relationship with their customers.

Given the price tag that goes with licensing some badges I feel its perfectly reasonable for a one product small developer to want to cover some of that investment with sales of newer content. It is after all a developer who has no large publisher backing them who can afford to front huge sums of money on something that doesn't even have to make a profit for them to survive. Whats more given the long term replayability of this kind of content it carries, in my judgment at least, a much greater value per dollar spent than the shallow stuff that chews into most people's steam wallets.

Very good points, P*Funk, I couldn't agree more. My reluctance on DLCs exists only because of those cases (And my previous experiences with) of developers who doesn't have any respect with their customers, either charging for things with absolutelly discrepancy with reallity or don't fulfilling with it's promises. That's really disapointing from a customer view (Which isn't my case with Kunos and Assetto Corsa, of course).

Now that the Aventador SV just set a sub 7 minute ring time, I'm a little disappointed that we get the stock Aventador. But only a little. :)

Really looking forward to comparing and constrasting the two GT3 options. The Gallardo GT3 has been around for ages and has little factory backing, but it's still a part of GT3 racing. The Huracan GT3 should be better in every way, but let's see :)

I don't care for street cars and especially not for super sports cars with street tires and too weak brakes. The race cars is where it's at for me, so the 2 GT3 cars are very welcome.

I've always said that i absolutely support the idea of paid DLCs if they are of high quality and so far Kunos has delivered top quality in regards to content (not so much in regards to the game, but cars and tracks are top notch).

Hearing that another free DLC is coming too is just even better.

When it comes to DLC. I think a lot of people are against it like myself when shooters starting releasing map packs for £10+ These are things they once published for free with a patch. When those games switched the consoles the DLC came along and kind of spoilt the spirit of the map with a major patch. These same games suddenly changed direction. They once supported modding community's (which inspire future versions of the game) and suddenly abandoned those and it soon became apparent they were only about the money. I think Assetto Corsa is different as it's a small company who in my mind have tried to create something that still holds to it's core values whilst trying to appeal to more people so it can be more financially successful. As people have already stated, the cost of the licenses has to be taken into account too. So I am all for it, plus they are also releasing free content too.

DLC is really a problematic topic (also in AC as they split the community the way they handle their DLC content) but it's not satan's work :)

Let's say you have really great modders creating the Nordschleife.
Then Kunos comes along with a laserscanned track in a DLC.
Do you think Kunos wouldn't sell the DLC because there's already a modded Nordschleife? ;)

It's just EA, Ubisoft and Activision who are so disconnected from gaming itself and their consumerbase (because marketing departments and stakeholders are designing their products instead of their video game developers) that they cripple the freedom of modders and give DLCs a bad name.

@P*Funk : Well said, agreed! Kunos is providing such high quality with the DLC's that its well worth it, they deserve every penny. A whole bunch of new cars and tracks (of utmost, laser-scanned, brilliant quality) for $10? When I think about how much money I spent/wasted on iRacing (over $180, around $30 for a car or track) to get only a handful of cars and tracks - and still missing and needing to buy the other 70% of the content, enough said for me.

one thing that I don't understand in the beginning of the video you see the sun come up...

I assetto corsa capable to simulate full day and night cycles?!?!?! ?
Basically: If your engine can't handle that in 2015, then you're doing it wrong.
(Pun intended for end of video *g*)

But i think that's just for the trailer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back