General Assetto corsa KSeditor null meterials (help)

Screenshot_3.jpg I recently started modifying cars and when ever i load it on kseditor i cant save and the car its self has no textures on it its just black mostly and on the material tab it says NULL on everything.. not sure how to apply the textures :unsure:

Click on the material tab, there is an option to assign a texture from there.
this
and also you can right click on one object to see the material directly

What said nighteye is important as well !

and if you exported the model with 3dsimed, it creates a ini file next to the fbx, which should keep the maps, so said texture folder is handy

Click on the material tab, there is an option to assign a texture from there.
Maybe you understand what the problem is. I do experiments for better understanding how Kseditor works. I export the car in fbx with 3dsimed then open it in the Kseditor and just save it. I dont make any changes with the car. But in the end I always have this bug with shadows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_race_monza_17-4-119-1-34-30.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_race_monza_17-4-119-1-34-30.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 1,099
i think the ini persistence (that's the ini file coming with your fbx) doesn't keep transparency options
they usually goes all to OFF by default
when loading another persistence on my files i always had that issue
which is weird is your car seems to be cast shadow off or some transparent options i don't know :)

i think the ini persistence (that's the ini file coming with your fbx) doesn't keep transparency options
which is weird is your car seems to be cast shadow off or some transparent options i don't know :)
It does keep the transparency flag, BUT if you change anything about the mesh name or parenting this will be lost (noticed this mostly everytime I messed with car doors)

Yes, problem in fbx ini. If I dont create an ini file when exporting, then everything is fine. But this is not the right method. I wonder which exactly the line in the ini file that responsible for the problem.

It does keep the transparency flag, BUT if you change anything about the mesh name or parenting this will be lost (noticed this mostly everytime I messed with car doors)
So i found in fbx ini that practically all lines with CAST_SHADOWS was=0. I change it to 1. And now i have only one weird stuff, like main shadow from the body is doubled.

hello everyone, i have this error on KSEDITOR : error null texture on material fbx_material texture txdiffuse export failed.

i just changed the rims and the seats and i deleat a roof spoiler and a front spliter.. in 3DSIMED3 everything sims to be ok..

i made a folder called wheels fore the new wheels and a folder called saets for the new seats do you have an idea ?

thanks a lot.

All textures have to be inside a folder called "texture" to load automatically.
If the ksEditor cannot find a texture it will give you that warning. At the bottom left you have a list of all materials, check for any red entries, indicating a missing texture.

All textures have to be inside a folder called "texture" to load automatically.
If the ksEditor cannot find a texture it will give you that warning. At the bottom left you have a list of all materials, check for any red entries, indicating a missing texture.
i got a missing texture for every file,any way to get all the textures in once,or it only can be 1 by 1?

hello everyone, i have this error on KSEDITOR : error null texture on material fbx_material texture txdiffuse export failed.

i just changed the rims and the seats and i deleat a roof spoiler and a front spliter.. in 3DSIMED3 everything sims to be ok..

i made a folder called wheels fore the new wheels and a folder called saets for the new seats do you have an idea ?

thanks a lot.
I just tried some modding on a car and got the same error. Not sure exactly why but it's some textures missing i think.
What i did was that i took each wheel i needed from car "B" and isolated them.
Once you are in the tab where you can only see the wheel, click on the export tab top left. Then click on "export textures" all the way to the right. Select your texture folder from the car you want to add the wheels to (Car A) and save them there.

Then click "file" save .3se and make a folder called "wheels" in your car folder (car A) and save each wheel there. lf lr rf rr (not sure if you have to save textures for each wheel, but i did and it works, so just do it too)
Open your car model (A) chose wheels and replace just like you did before.

Do the same for the seats. Textures still go to the same texture folder.
Open your car, replace the seats.

Delete your spoilers.

Open in KSeditor, save as .kn5

And i think you should be good to go.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering