Assetto Corsa Console Release Delayed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Delay.jpg

Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni and distributor 505 Games have announced they plan to delay the console release by six weeks while they add "final polish" to the game, ensuring the best possible experience for fans of the title.

Although pushing back the release from the planned 22nd of April date to early June 2016, Kunos have confirmed the previously announced version 1.5 update for PC remains unaffected and will launch as planned next month.

With stiff competition in the form of the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchises, Kunos have a tough job ahead of them to steal a share of the console racing marketplace.

Highly regarded by PC sim racers for it's technical accuracy and physics, Assetto Corsa is a detailed and engaging racing simulator with an impressive selection of exotic supercars and machines from the world of motorsport. Initial impressions from those who have tried the game on console are very encouraging and it looks likely that the little Italian developer will take a sizeable portion of Gran Turismo's and Forza's fan base.

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment in the coming weeks for an exclusive interview with Marco Massarutto, Stefano Casillo and Aris Vasilakos from Kunos Simulazioni.

Press Release
505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni today announced leading racing simulator Assetto Corsa will now hit the track on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America, with additional development time allowed to ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans.

Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulous car handling to the laser-measured tracks. The console release will include such features as:
  • Over 90 high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren 650S GT3
  • 27 different track configurations, from famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
Assetto Corsa Xbox One .jpg

Don't forget to check out our very own Assetto Corsa forum and Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment. We have a number of quality mods available to download right now and a busy, fun and entertaining Club Racing scene for the PC version of the game. Console Racing Club races will be available upon the release of Assetto Corsa for PS4 and Xbox One.

Are you looking forward to the release of AC for Xbox One and PS4 in June? Do you think it can rival the flagship racing titles in the console world? Discuss in the comments section below!

It all sounded good...but not in any way how things go down....but hey, facts seem to be unwanted in today's world so you might as well keep posting whatever sounds good to you, I guess.
Maybe you should take your own advice Micheal. Yet another negative comment from you. AC is the predecessor to Netkar. And this is a forum, I don't believe there are any rules stating you can only post facts. You're just as bad on Twitter and Steam.

Last edited:
So pointing out that somebody is completely wrong in their assumptions is being negative...carry on misinforming each other then. Good to know that actual facts aren't wanted here, explains a lot really.

And I have no idea what you mean by Steam, not sure if I have ever posted in the garbage that poses as a forum over there.

Posted 10 days ago by stefano, in the ac forum.

"The dev team (myself included) is 100% focused on bug fixing, we receive the daily dose of damage from QA and get on with fixing stuff. The other 2 guys in the team usually work on the PS4/Console on platform related bugs (bugs that are specific for the consoles; graphics glitches, UI etc).. I am working mostly on stuff that is platform independent (physics, AI, netcode) that is running the same code on all the platforms. I work on the PC to fix these, then backport to the console version. I also do some dedicated XB1 stuff."

I think it may still be my driving lol but the Season 4 dual champion is driving it as well and was a good 3 seconds a lap off the Audi, BMW and Lambo at spa last round.

Let's not exaggerate:). It is a bit slower than others I admit that, but we are talking about 0.500-0.800 sec per lap at Spa not 3sec;).

You can claim somebody is wrong, then at least explain to the rest of us that are interested what the real facts are.
You are the guy that should be on top of this. Anyways, Radu has you covered.
Posted 10 days ago by stefano, in the ac forum.

"The dev team (myself included) is 100% focused on bug fixing, we receive the daily dose of damage from QA and get on with fixing stuff. The other 2 guys in the team usually work on the PS4/Console on platform related bugs (bugs that are specific for the consoles; graphics glitches, UI etc).. I am working mostly on stuff that is platform independent (physics, AI, netcode) that is running the same code on all the platforms. I work on the PC to fix these, then backport to the console version. I also do some dedicated XB1 stuff."

Let's not exaggerate:). It is a bit slower than others I admit that, but we are talking about 0.500-0.800 sec per lap at Spa not 3sec;).

Personally I'm no quicker in any other car myself lol, just saw its best times were 22s when the Audi and z4 were doing 19s. Haven't seen the actual qualifying results so maybe with setup work it got quicker :) any improvement will be a win for me regardless as it's my quickest car now hahahaha

Edit: okay rechecked and I was wrong, Rami did a 20.9 in the Audi and a 21.5 in the AMG, but 0.6 to an alien probably is 3 seconds to a mere mortal like me hahaha

Last edited:
Personally I'm no quicker in any other car myself lol, just saw its best times were 22s when the Audi and z4 were doing 19s. Haven't seen the actual qualifying results so maybe with setup work it got quicker :) any improvement will be a win for me regardless as it's my quickest car now hahahaha

In practice server for that Spa race best AMG time was 2.20.467 and I'm sure it wasn't even the best what you can do with that car;) But nevertheless, it is pretty grappy car at the moment:(

In practice server for that Spa race best AMG time was 2.20.467 and I'm sure it wasn't even the best what you can do with that car;) But nevertheless, it is pretty grappy car at the moment:(

What do you think of the Lambo? Night before round 1 I was so tempted to swap but decided to stick with AMG still second guessing if it was the right move or not lol

View attachment 123206
Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni and distributor 505 Games have announced they plan to delay the console release by six weeks while they add "final polish" to the game, ensuring the best possible experience for fans of the title.

Although pushing back the release from the planned 22nd of April date to early June 2016, Kunos have confirmed the previously announced version 1.5 update for PC remains unaffected and will launch as planned next month.

With stiff competition in the form of the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchises, Kunos have a tough job ahead of them to steal a share of the console racing marketplace.

Highly regarded by PC sim racers for it's technical accuracy and physics, Assetto Corsa is a detailed and engaging racing simulator with an impressive selection of exotic supercars and machines from the world of motorsport. Initial impressions from those who have tried the game on console are very encouraging and it looks likely that the little Italian developer will take a sizeable portion of Gran Turismo's and Forza's fan base.

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment in the coming weeks for an exclusive interview with Marco Massarutto, Stefano Casillo and Aris Vasilakos from Kunos Simulazioni.

Press Release
505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni today announced leading racing simulator Assetto Corsa will now hit the track on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America, with additional development time allowed to ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans.

Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulous car handling to the laser-measured tracks. The console release will include such features as:
  • Over 90 high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren 650S GT3
  • 27 different track configurations, from famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
View attachment 123208

Don't forget to check out our very own Assetto Corsa forum and Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment. We have a number of quality mods available to download right now and a busy, fun and entertaining Club Racing scene for the PC version of the game. Console Racing Club races will be available upon the release of Assetto Corsa for PS4 and Xbox One.

Are you looking forward to the release of AC for Xbox One and PS4 in June? Do you think it can rival the flagship racing titles in the console world? Discuss in the comments section below!
The only way that AC will compete against forza if the put all Aussie tracks and Aussie V8 Supercars in the game then they will get all the backing from Australia V8 Supercars fans to the game. Plus have modding available for ps4/xb1

You are the guy that should be on top of this. Anyways, Radu has you covered.
You can read it however you want!
I will explain my logic ( I am not saying it is fact by any means) Stefano 100% bug fixing PC? well it is what KS has been doing these last few years! developing and building on. 2 guys working on console (bugs that are specific for the consoles; graphics glitches, UI etc). Well that stuff had been done in PC already? and is not working on console just yet and therefore needs some attention, this I take is a result of 505 hitting a few glitches ( no laser scanned facts here! ) PC version 1.5 is practically done , hey the early access community helped a lot! well then lets run PC 1.5 see if we can find anything more fix with the aide of our trusted community, while 505 and our 2 guys try and get the console to a level to where we thought we would be on our first proposed consol publication date. Hence the delay!
This is just a speculative thought and has no intentions to mislead anyone.
WARNING:
“SOME PATIENTS TAKING THIS THOUGHT as fact have performed certain activities while they were not fully awake. These have included sleep-driving, making and eating food, making phone calls, and having sex. Patients often do not remember these events after they happen. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience bizarre behavior; confusion; excessive sweating; dark urine; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever or chills; hallucinations; loss of coordination; new or worsening agitation, anxiety, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, restlessness, or inability to sit still; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin.

Edit: okay rechecked and I was wrong, Rami did a 20.9 in the Audi and a 21.5 in the AMG, but 0.6 to an alien probably is 3 seconds to a mere mortal like me hahaha

I needed a lot of setup work to get there but eventually the AMG did mid-high 2.19s. The biggest problem is Audi-Bmw-Lambo can do the same laptimes with very little setup work.

I needed a lot of setup work to get there but eventually the AMG did mid-high 2.19s. The biggest problem is Audi-Bmw-Lambo can do the same laptimes with very little setup work.
Any chance you'd mine sharing your setup? I had some good success following your advice and stiffening the suspension right up, so thanks for that, would love to see how I went in a setup capable of 2:19s.

Unfortunately the stiff setup doesn't seem to work as well at brands hatch.

I think AC will do well, not great up against forza, but it'll generate some revenue, branding and interest that can be reinvested into ac 2 or whatever.

Forza coming to the pc on the other hand would be big news though.

Any chance you'd mine sharing your setup? I had some good success following your advice and stiffening the suspension right up, so thanks for that, would love to see how I went in a setup capable of 2:19s.

Unfortunately the stiff setup doesn't seem to work as well at brands hatch.
Sent a PM. You shouldn't need it to be that stiff at Brands Hatch, the only reason to stiffen it up is to keep the front up in eau rouge and blanchimont. Brands shouldn't need it.

Stefano just said a couple parameters will be added to control the tyre slip/force curve beyond the peak. This could make the cars a bit harder to drive when you go over the edge...will be interesting to see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back