Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

Guys...i have a Problem! Since version 1.0.5 I can't play the game anymore. In single as well as in multiplayer the game loads but then I only see the Assetto Corsa screen but not the track. Any suggestions what I could do? Like I said, I was there from the first early access and until 1.0.5 everything ran perfectly.

At the moment, the ACC most closely simulates GT3 cars.
All you've seen before is a simplified model.

Some comments:

1) everything is simplified.

2) finer modeling can backfire. Sometimes an abstraction tuned toward real-world data can get more realistic results than a finer model's mathematical output.

3) the extremely closed nature of the current state of this sim does not allow me to evaluate its realism. As an example, what are the damper values in m/s/s? Or it is complicated curves that change based on the number values?

4) there also is a lack of a telemetry system that would allow me to gather enough physics output data to judge. How did you come to your conclusion.

5) related to that, since I cannot read the 3D models of the tracks I cannot judge whether the car jumping around a certain way is realistic or not.

• Deleted member 909406

Some comments:
4) there also is a lack of a telemetry system that would allow me to gather enough physics output data to judge. How did you come to your conclusion.
You remind me more of an engineer than a driver. I'm not a professional racer, but I have a lot of experience driving road cars in real life. I can’t even count the number of my virtual racing hours, most of which are simulators. My feelings are better than your tables and graphs.

Yes, especially if it worked up to 1.0.5. All the time so many people have reported problems while I didn't have any and now that there is so much fixed the problems start with me. If I have time tomorrow I will post it on Kunos Forum.

So must hate, can't understand, if you don't like move along, get a life, confused personalitys, they keep on coming.

In fact ACC is the next generation racing Sim, what many simracers ask for. Like a dream coming true.
Sure it is not finished, devs are working on it, is that so difficult to understand?

Anyway, license compromises and a tight road map, or other reason, may have forced to a premature V1.0.

For me, the important thing is that they keep improving, not the release name version.

Just hope that so must trolling kids don't demotivate the most talented and pasionated dev team.

Keep on the good work Kunos.

I know this is petty and I should know better..but sh#t I had a glass of wine.... hehehehehe internet beef is super funny.....

....But seriously to anyone who really is getting upset about the state of these sim/games...try maybe changing your tack...learn something new and try to do it better (or the way you like it for yourself)...have a go at trying to create something worth adding to the world rather than complaining..... whatever your feelings towards any developer or game....at least they are having ago rather than talking about it on forums

They’re GT3s so the braking distances aren’t particularly short. I suspect what you think is understeer is just not braking early enough. They have ABS so you should hit the brakes very hard, immediately. And trail braking is quite key to getting them to turn in. Finally, you can lower the ABS and that can help reduce braking distances if needed. You can also move brake bias back a little, but on the whole I haven’t found the need to do so.

Re. The AI, I also found that when I first started playing ACC. You’re probably not quite quick enough into the slower corners and chicanes. The AI does have a tendency to tail end you if that’s so. You can turn the AI aggressiveness right down to 20% or so until you get quicker. As you improve, turn that up again, otherwise they won’t try and overtake.

ACC is amazing but it’s pretty hardcore and can take a while to adjust to it. Stick with it!

Yes,did a race qualified 8th on the grid ,Easy ai (I started old not like you cheating younguns :p:D)and every time the AI shunt me off the track like an 18 year old narcissist who has been driving since age 10.

So must hate, can't understand, if you don't like move along, get a life, confused personalitys, they keep on coming.

In fact ACC is the next generation racing Sim, what many simracers ask for. Like a dream coming true.
Sure it is not finished, devs are working on it, is that so difficult to understand?

Anyway, license compromises and a tight road map, or other reason, may have forced to a premature V1.0.

For me, the important thing is that they keep improving, not the release name version.

Just hope that so must trolling kids don't demotivate the most talented and pasionated dev team.

Keep on the good work Kunos.

AI needs alot of work.

Grand Prix Legends and GP 4 still the benchmarks and they are very old sims.

Getting used to the physics though and loving them,especially the Porsche,graphics are amazing.

Just the AI,seems to be a perennial issue in modern sims.

P.S. I have restarted my career Zolder race more than 10 times because I get shunted off the track by ai,while I slow down to avoid hitting into the front car.

AI seems to be a thing tacked on after everything else.

Last edited:
You remind me more of an engineer than a driver. I'm not a professional racer, but I have a lot of experience driving road cars in real life. I can’t even count the number of my virtual racing hours, most of which are simulators. My feelings are better than your tables and graphs.

They are.

My concern here is that it is software, and software changes faster than you can validate it with your butt. It is great to validate a game just based on whether it feels realistic - if it does.

But from then on you have updates coming every couple of weeks and unless you have a bunch of drivers in the testing team you would use telemetry and car reactions to see whether the game's physical reactions changed when they should not have changed.

And what do you do if it does not feel right? For a given car and track combination you can probably deal with badly modeled damping in the tires by compensating in the shocks, so that overall it feels right-ish on those laps. But what do you do if it stops feeling right on the next track? You need actual data to pinpoint where things go wrong.

the team is hard at work to improve the game in every possible way

Stefano, that's very good to hear and much appreciated.
But I wish Kunos were more "normal" in their customer support. No other developer requires me to give my Steam ID to post in their forum. I could understand it during EA but now in release status that requirement must go. This is the 21st century and security is a thing these days...

Maybe then I could get my on_startup_crash() function fixed and actually play the game again. I do hope you have much success with this and future releases.

But I wish Kunos were more "normal" in their customer support. No other developer requires me to give my Steam ID to post in their forum. I could understand it during EA but now in release status that requirement must go. This is the 21st century and security is a thing these days.
It is still a support forum mainly.
I think it's a good way to be sure that you own the original game and the correct version.
So Kunos can be sure the (your) problem is game related and not a " free russian demo" thingy.

Greets After_Midnight

I noticed that when i got a crash my Radeon profile defaulted back to balanced so i've dropped the overclock slightly on my Vega56 and touch wood it's stopped crashing, I've set up an ACC profile which i'm going to work on, This Sim is staying on my SSHD, There's too much i like about it, I payed early access and have no regrets, I'm confident Kunos will sort the problems out.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.