Cars Ariel Atom

Status
Not open for further replies.

General_Failure

OLD SKOOL RULES
General_Failure submitted a new resource:

Ariel Atom - 3.0L Hartley v8 // 2.3L Honda k24 v4

View attachment 349515

I don't use to port mods from rfactor (or any other sim), but I decided to make an exception with this one. I spent a great time modding the crosskart, and I was wanting more... so here we go with something more spicy :p

Anyway I included 2 series, the famous and super limited v8 edition (480 hp), and a SRA powered by an Honda k24 (210 hp). Power, handling and physics differ a lot, so you will have fun in a very different manner...​

Read more about this resource...

Nice, ty. My new favorite in AM. I have the Formula Agile in AC so no biggie!

Two Questions:

. The AI seem really fast, even on low AI skill settings. I can be flat out on a straight and they just cruise past me even at 70%. Any clues how to slow them down?
. How did you get the Helicorsa radar into AM? Is that from simhub?

Last edited:
>>- Acceleration curves updated on both cars, v8 & SRA.

Further to my question above about how to slow the AI down, can you explain more about how you're controlling the skill of the AI versions?

I really like this mod, but the AI is just a tad to fast to make them enjoyable to race against at my level.

I've run 1-1 tests with different AI levels, and even on the lowest settings (70/low) they have insane acceleration. They should be much more reasonable there, and you should easily be able to drag them off the grid.

I'd like to bring them back a bit to make them a little more fun to race against.

thanks!

>>- Acceleration curves updated on both cars, v8 & SRA.

Further to my question above about how to slow the AI down, can you explain more about how you're controlling the skill of the AI versions?

I really like this mod, but the AI is just a tad to fast to make them enjoyable to race against at my level.

I've run 1-1 tests with different AI levels, and even on the lowest settings (70/low) they have insane acceleration. They should be much more reasonable there, and you should easily be able to drag them off the grid.

I'd like to bring them back a bit to make them a little more fun to race against.

thanks!
Hey Sonic. The AI seems ok for me, tested on 105% and had a couple of great races head to head. Anyway the best and fastest option is reducing de downforce of the AI. Go to the car dir and open AAtom.hdv. Find AIDownforceBias and reduce the value.The range is 0 - 1.
Regarding the app for car tracking, download this: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helimobilista-evohud.19097/

>> Go to the car dir and open AAtom.hdv. Find AIDownforceBias and reduce the value.The range is 0 - 1.

That doesn't seem to do anything. Just testing flat out with one car the AI hit 255km/hr and the most I can reach is about 235km hr. The AI seems to have significantly more acceleration as well even at the lowest settings.

Also found helicorsa is in https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/evohud.17702/

Last edited:
I think I figured it out.

I was testing it from Single Race mode, but no practice and no qualifying, starting at the back of a 4 AI cars.
They take off like a rocket and are quite hard to catch.

If I did a single race with qualifying, and start at Pole I can get a good lead on them depending on the difficulty setting.

Running some AI tests at different difficulty settings at red bull put their qualifying lap times @
AI Setting AI Lap Time
120/Med ~1:29.8
110/Med ~1:32.5
100/Med ~1:33.5
90/Med ~1:35.8
80/Med ~1:38.7
70/Med ~1:41.9

My best time is around 1:33.924 so I choose an AI level to suit that, and run a qualifying round as well.

I guess if you don't do qualifying they must choose some default setting but it seems unrelated to the overall AI level. I was expecting it to auto qualify them to the level that was set.

You can see in the attached image (I stopped to take a photo) that their top speeds are a lot faster than me though, so not sure what's going on there.

Attachments

• 20200217211748_1.jpg
    20200217211748_1.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I also thought at first: oh, yeah another Atom mod, cool.....
I tried it anyway and it's the best of all Atom mods, except for the fact that the V8 series doesn't show up in my game. But I think it's because of my installation, because nobody else has problems.
The mod is great and really recommendable, great sounds, as you are used to from 404.

ah well, too bad. I just uninstalled AM will replace with AM2 beta. Keeping rF2 around though, see if they progress.

Pity though, more people use rF2 than AM1 (about x5 daily players according to steamspy)

In my case there is no chance to uninstall AMS because it's the most comprehensive sim in terms of physics. It will take time to polish AMS 2, maybe years, new platform, new game. I don't care too much about gt3s, but time to time I enjoy them on rF2, great physics, that sim has a very unique feel, different to AMS but on the same level. ACC is a meh for me, boring.

I liked AM but didn't find it compelling enough to keep around. Weird bugs, inconsistent AI, mediocre UX. Fizziks is fizziks, I don't obsess over it tbh.

I really liked the feel of your Atom mod in AM, but other cars in rF2 (like Puma P052) give very similar feel without the inconsistent AI. That may have been due to the track AI, but they are definitely far too fast on the acceleration and straight speed. Seems to be a common issue with mods in AM from what I've read.

I'm sure AM2 will be fine enough out the gate, but I guess we'll find out on the 28th.

Last edited:
3d model stolen of Simraceway game .Copyright Simraceway academy simulator

Chassis physics (.hdv), (.pm) stolen and tire model (.tbc) stolen from Metalmoro of game stock car extreme . copyright Reiza Studios

Reported

Last edited:
General_Failure updated Ariel Atom with a new update entry:

Download suspended for a while...

Download suspended for a while...

Checking if this mod includes physics from SRW and/or GSC. I have been playing, mixing and modifing this pack of physics for years, but there is a guy accusing me of theft. This is all for fun, I love AMS and all related to rfactor. As 99% of the modders I take all from forums & other mods, and I always tried to be respectful of other people's content and I always asked permission to include it when I know who did it. I'm not claiming any right, it's pretty...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play