evoHUD+ is an extension of the evoHUD mod created by @kenken.
Simple, Customisable, Reliable are the core aims of this mod
It includes the essential files from kenken's evoHUD version 220.127.116.114:
Installation / Updating
- In-game positioning of widgets
- In-game changing of widget options
- Options can be specific to sessions (practice, race, qualifying, etc)
- Modular approach allowing others to develop widgets for evoHUD+
- Extract to your automobilista directory. Overwrite any existing files.
- Go to the Automobilista\Plugins\evoHUD and run the "DBCreator.exe" file. This will allow the trackMap to work.
- Launch Automobilista and enjoy
Track Map or Pit Limit not shown
Sometimes the DBCreator.exe (see installation item #2 above) does not run. DBCreator.exe is a legacy of the original evoHUD and I can not work on it as I do not have the source code. Without DBCreator you cannot use the track map widget and the pit limit widget will only show you current speed rather than the pit limit as well.
A partial workaround is to use my generated database as below:
- Make sure AMS is not running
- Download this zip
- Extract the file contained in the zip to \Automobilista\Plugins\evoHUD folder
- Launch AMS and select a default track and car (no mod's)
- Check to see if the track map displays and the pit limit shows the limit AS WELL as your current speed.
This is uploaded with permission from kenken as stated in this post:
- Some people experience the whole game crashing after track loads or when you go out on track. This is a bug that exists in both evoHUD and evoHUD+. Despite lots of effort we can not find the cause. Things that have worked for others are:
- Rename Automobilista folder to something else
- Move Automobilista to a different hard drive
- Enabling the Pit Board causes occasional full game crashes. It is disabled by default.
- The leaderboard relative to player option does not work properly.
- You are free to use evoHUD+ as is.
- No warranty or guarantee is provided.
- Use at your own risk.
- Do not upload any modifications without permission from the author of evoHUD+ (Nobkins on RaceDepartment.com).
- Additional widgets are encouraged and if of a high standard can be submitted for inclusion with the original download by contacting the author of evoHUD+.
- Permission to distribute the required files from evoHUD has been granted by kenken.
- Portions of this software are copyright (c) 2017 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.
- @kenken for the development of evoHUD
- @Tony and @Jamie for help with trying to find the cause of the evoHUD crash
- @Christo Nieuwoudt for the many hours helping diagnose various issues, additional ideas and great feedback
- @DaVeX↯ for design ideas and suggestions
- @Martin Fiala for additional ideas, support and code (not to mention his own mod of evoHUD available here)
- @Martin Vindis for the fantastic HeliMobilista and permission to add it to evoHUD+
- Anyone else who helped!
Many of the ideas were cloned from gidHUD. An excellent hud in it's own right.