1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Are tracks made for the previous release of GSCX still good?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Sk3ptik0n, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

When GSCX first came out, many tracks had to be updated to new standard. Are those tracks still OK or does this new update require further modifications?

I am starting fresh with a brand new install and tonight I'll make another install for all the mods, but I want to only install good mods. My previous GSCX installation always crashed at the end of the session (at least there was always some sort of crash dump alert when I closed the game) and often crashed when I would launch some tracks. I want to try to install only the best mods.I have an installation of GSC 2013 where I installed everything and the kitchen sink.

2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Plenty of tracks have already been updated for 1.20 (the main issue seems to be only the new sky textures - without an update, they'll always look stormy, but they shouldn't crash the game or anything like that).

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Thanks. I am going to try to keep this installation of GSC as clean as possible

4. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I was looking at using some mod cars, but with the new 1.20 update will these stil be fine to use?

cheers

5. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Good question. That's why I am keeping an older installation around just in case. There are some early mods that I really enjoy and I would hate to lose the ability to drive them.

6. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

I've played the Clio Cup, Porsche Carrera and Blancpain mods after 1.20 and they work fine (you do need to configure their realfeel again since the patch overwrites the file, though).

7. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

err excuse my ignorance, but how do you do the real feel files?

8. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

I think the mods containing stuff in locations/shared are prohibited. Others should be ok.
    For the tracks, all the tracks working with GSC 2013 should be ok, except the ones updated with srpl skies as Fabio said.
    90% of them have been updated to 1.20 anyway

9. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

sorry I don't get understand you,,?:(

10. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

how do you do this please :)

11. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

Well, if you're installing them for the first time, just follow the instructions in the download section. If you're just fixing them after the 1.20 update, you need to open the realfeel.ini file in the main GSCE folder with Notepad, scroll to the end, and add the correct section for the Clio, the Porsche and the Blancpain stuff.

12. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I did install for first time the Porsche was fine the clio the FFb was a bit wonky and loose?!

cheers

13. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

Yeah, for the Clio I'd suggest reading through the discussion thread and trying out a few of the settings mentioned there (that is, editing the realfeel.ini file. Make a backup before editing!). Depends on which wheel you have, of course.

14. I cant get any tracks to load with GSCe 2013? the splash screen comes up but never loads...only the tracks that come with the game work? any ideas?

15. You probably need the commommaps3.mas file. It goes in the Locations folder.