F1 2010 Are the cars (setups) in F1 2010 too quick?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
After watching the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday I raced it as part of my third season (on a PC, using a wheel, all aids off, all sims on, 50% distance, professional AI difficulty). What struck me was the top speed of my car - I'm in a McLaren and I'm hitting 340+ kph on the Kemmel straight coming up to Les Combes (my setup was based on one of Andrew Bortz or Viktor Anderson's - I can't remember). Point is, in the race I think the highest speed I saw was 320kph. What does this say about the way CodeMasters have modelled the handling of the cars? Have they got the aero/grip modelling wrong? Surely with a level of downforce as low as I was running I should be in a totally uncontrollable car?

Btw, I'm not that fast (was going to say at Spa but probably in general) and can't match real life qually times. Think my Q3 time playing in career mode was 1.48. I don't do time trial! ;)

I think that most of the teams have increased downforce levels because of the fear of tyre degradation and blistering. Also many of the teams were not running their top speed wing setups because there was no time to test them in the rainy practice sessions. This is my opinion.

I'm not sure it's to do with that as it's the same thing at Monza - Alonso's Q3 lap he doesn't break 330kph but the quick setups I've used easily do. Which also leads me to another question: why aren't the revs limited to 18,000 in F1 2010? Stay too long in a gear and you'll get that gravelly engine busting grating sound, but view real onboard footage and you'll see drivers reaching 18,000 staying there and never getting the rough engine noises. Surely the point of the rev limiter is you reach the limit and can't exceed it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back