Are pneumatic pedals as reliable as those based on elastomers? (NT)

Pedals turned up yesterday, very impressed with the rigidity and build quality of them, is AAA. unfortunately the brake pedal pad had some scoring on it from transport, David has quickly jumped onto it and is going to send me a replacement one.
Will post some pics once setup.

Spent the last two days on and of setting up the new pedals. Only had an hour to test it out tonight but I must say that the brake feels very different to the Sprint one, but in a good way. A lot easier to accurately modulate.

It feels much firmer and easier to control and it does not have the squish feeling that you get with elastomers. Brake pedal travel is quite short but I like that.

I have a few adjustments to make yet with the heel rest and height of throttle pedal and to tidy up some cabling.

David sent me an email with a link to a video about stopping the port scanning and I guess it has worked. My shakers and DDU worked flawlessly.

Last week I changed my Assetto Corsa from SteamVR to OpenXR. Now the VR monitor from the pedals app doesn't work. It seems it requires SteamVR to work. According to my tests, any game that is launched in OpenXR mode closes SteamVR when it loads. If you try to open SteamVR while it's working it crashes. That's what happenned to me when I ued my hotkey for the brake pressure (the adjustment is made but loading the VR monitor crashes the game). I have tried to set the VR monitor to work with Open Composite, but it reports and error (I suppose it's not compatible). Same happens when I ovewrite openvr_api.dll in its folder. If this monitor overlay doesn't work in OpenXR mode that will be a problem because most users are abandoning SteamVR and all new games will work with OpenXR. I have already reported this issue to David. Alternative solution: an app for Assetto Corsa which displays the current brake pressure value, but for that it has to be able to read that value (no idea where).

EDIT:

David has already answered: his VR Monitor will support OpenXR in the future. That's great.

However, I have found a good alternative: my app for Assetto Corsa is already working. The information about the current brake pressure is side by side with the force feedback and the shakers volume. The script for my button box sends the hotkeys and the app changes the text on screen. The script also updates the value on a ini file on every change. The app reads the ini file when AC loads. The initial value of the ini is extracted by my script from a log file generated by the pedals program when it is closed.

Last edited:
Forgot I had not uploaded any photos of setup pedals, here they are below.
20240107_135007.jpg
20240107_135108.jpg
20240107_135134.jpg
20240107_135410.jpg

Nice pics of the new babies!

Two questions, if I may.
First, how much space is there from the baseplate to the top plate? What's your shoe size and how's the fit in there, with the heel up against the heel rest?

Second, how far apart are the pedals in your configuration? Any dimension will do, center piston to center piston, or middle of the pedalface to middle of the pedalface.

Looking really hard at these, but I worry about the sizing for the people with larger feet...

Thanks!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea