Anyone using GT Omega Pro cockpit?

Rami

#20 FinnTeam
Hi. Anyone here using that? I'm on the verge of ordering one, and would love to hear some opinions from who owns that.
Thanks in advance...

I have it, rather sturdy from the box, except for vertical wheel movement (pulling on the wheel), but I have solved that by implementing 2 metal rods that additionally connect front and rear end (diagonally), now it's fully solid and I think would even support stronger wheels.

The seat is great (I have the more expensive seat), comfy even for longer sessions.

The standard shifter mount not v2 that they sell now has a problem as it pokes you in the knee, but If you grab the newer version there shouldn't be any problems (I solved my v1 shifter mount by reversing the mounting).

All in all, really happy and would buy again, especially for that price.

Upvote 0
I have it, rather sturdy from the box, except for vertical wheel movement (pulling on the wheel), but I have solved that by implementing 2 metal rods that additionally connect front and rear end (diagonally), now it's fully solid and I think would even support stronger wheels.

The seat is great (I have the more expensive seat), comfy even for longer sessions.

The standard shifter mount not v2 that they sell now has a problem as it pokes you in the knee, but If you grab the newer version there shouldn't be any problems (I solved my v1 shifter mount by reversing the mounting).

All in all, really happy and would buy again, especially for that price.
Thank's for your reply. There is no problem if it needs some small fixes for that price.
Now that you mentioned that knee problem, I'm wondering does it have enough space, because I'm 190cm long (not very wide though)? :laugh:

Upvote 0
Thank's for your reply. There is no problem if it needs some small fixes for that price.
Now that you mentioned that knee problem, I'm wondering does it have enough space, because I'm 190cm long (not very wide though)? :laugh:
I'm 189cm and 90kg, and fit just fine in the seat and the whole rig can be prolonged to fit even larger guys 200+cm as I have not used the final piece for prolonging the front from the back part :)

Upvote 0
I bought the standard GT wheelstand and it was a heavy duty piece of kit. Ended up getting the rear section as well and it's a solid rig. If I was in the market for another setup, I'd definitely go with something from GT Omega again. Quality was impressive, especially for the price.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input on this. I did order the rig, and should have it by Christmas... which no doubt will be merry ;)

Upvote 0
I have the Omega Art cockpit and its great. Value for money and build are decent. The only thing really lacking is sturdier support for the wheel tray, it can flex a bit. I've always found the Omega support guys really fast to answer any questions.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back