Anyone see this? CSL Direct Drive.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 217
Ermin Hamidovic said something similar, and Random Callsign said the wheel was effin good and, will displace his DD1. Earlier with the previews Chris Haye mentioned that you can get the screen closer, and that Fanatec found that 8 - 10 Newton meters was a sweet spot, so trading down for some doesn't sound so crazy. But it may be better to hold off and wait to see if rumors of a CSW DD turns out to be true. That wheelbase would probably be less of a compromise for a trade down. Especially if it hits 10 - 12nm.

But its good to see the sim racing channels on Youtube are impressed with the CSL DD. Looks like I'm in for a treat once it arrives.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a CSL DD with boost pack after watching the recent reviews, My current base is a CSW 2.5 and I don't run that at full FFB in any game so I can't see the nM rating being a concern for me.

I've never wanted the wheel to break my fingers when I hit a curb so maximum peak rating or whatever is pointless to me .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like they will be shipping slightly ahead of schedule. Emails have started to go out, according to the denizens on Fanatec's forum. The wait for most, is drawing to a close.

Its official that the wheel bases will be shipping early. No need for tea leaf reading on this one.

Link to Fanatec Blog post...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm liking the CSL DD. I have the boost kit, and coming from years of using a Fanatec CSR, the 8nm setup is overkill. I have a lot of adjustments to make, but I'm really liking the wheelbase. I felt things I never did on the CSR.

Upvote 0
It is a sizeable upgrade from a TS-PC Racer. There are three really obvious things that are just better. It is really smooth, the feel is almost like a greased pole on a car and everything about the feel of the car is easier to notice and use. I especially notice that I feel dirt on the wheels if I dip a wheel as well as the bumps from the curbs and neither of these details ever came through on the TS-PC. I definitely notice understeer much more clearly, it was detectable on a TS-PC somewhat but not always but its really clear on the CSL DD at all speeds. Oversteer catches itself too on the CSL DD, it violently pulls and you just have to let the wheel go where it wants and its hard to get used to! It doesn't feel all that much stronger honestly but the FFB itself is a lot more refined generally.

All in all I am super impressed with it and I have barely scratched the surface in terms of playing with the settings, mostly just stuck with what Fanatec recommends.

I have run into issues in Raceroom with soft lock and wheel sensitivity issues and AC clearly feels a lot better than race room where before they felt fairly equivalent. I am enjoying my new fidget spinner anyway, clearly an upgrade from the TS-PC.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea