Anyone owns - BTCC TOTAL PACK = $32 does it have a career mode

Is this like a "career mode" or just a pack of cars & tracks & you have to doink around & roll your own annual "series"?

Here's the package on STEAM:

Just a collection of the BTCC cars and tracks that have been released as standalone DLCs in the quarterly content pushes over the past year(s).

It's great content and good value for money for rF2 standards tho.

Last edited:
rF2 has no career mode(at this moment) so why would a rF2 DLC package have career mode?
However, if you look at the online section of rF2, you will see a place-holder in the menus for a career section. I suspect it is probably going to be a library of your online times. Who knows. But at this time. No, no career mode.
why is that a thing anyway? I'm curious, as having a sim force me from one car/track to the next just to create a history is....???

Last edited:
why is that a thing anyway? I'm curious, as having a sim force me from one car/track to the next just to create a history is....???
A preference. Play the sim at your leasure, do what's fun to you and let others have the fun they want to have. It's also somewhat realistic. F1 drivers don't actually choose which track they want to race on a given weekend.

It also gives you a sense of progression and a points score, which is something that can motivate you to go on, and you may encounter tracks that you maybe wouldn't normally race on. Happened to me at least.

rF2 has no career mode(at this moment) so why would a rF2 DLC package have career mode?
However, if you look at the online section of rF2, you will see a place-holder in the menus for a career section. I suspect it is probably going to be a library of your online times. Who knows. But at this time. No, no career mode.
Sorry for the confusion... beer was involved when I posted. ;)

Anyway, I haven't raced much in years (had to move 4 times since covid). I'm not super familiar with RF2 (or BTCC), but I recently watched a BTCC race on TV & like most other series - there's a limited spec for cars & they run specific tracks with a per race podium & points & it looked like fun (it reminded me of TOCA 2 - my first real racing game after the NFS kid stuff). As you know, points are accumulated at each track for each racer throughout the season & at the end of the season there's an overall winner... that's all I was referring to.

I wasn't referring to a kiddie "career mode" like Forza or the F1 or MXGP / SX series of games where they do silly stuff like make you email your manager and talk about getting sponsors & jerseys & social media followers and that XBOX game kinda' crap.

I should have been more clear.

I was just want the game to tabulate points across the tracks for a season or series or whatever RF2 might call it. I can't recall specific titles, but many games allow you to build your own series & run that as a "season" with a limited set of cars & any tracks you want.

I quickly tired of AC's career mode & just went and ran random car / track combos. I think I was able to build my own single make series at my favorite tracks.

I agree with what @Gevatter said about: "a sense of progression and a points score, which is something that can motivate you to go on, and you may encounter tracks that you maybe wouldn't normally race on."

YMMV

NOTE: BTCC DLC only has 4 tracks, but the real life series runs 10 tracks (list below).
  1. DONINGTON
  2. BRANDS HATCH
  3. SNETTERTON
  4. THRUXTON
  5. OULTON PARK
  6. CROFT CIRCUIT
  7. KNOCKHILL
  8. DONINGTON GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT
  9. SILVERSTONE
  10. BRANDS HATCH GRAND PRIX
I'll have to cross reference that with the RF2 tracks shown here...

Last edited:
BTCC DLC
Brands Hatch
Donington Park
Croft
Thruxton

BTCC (real life) SERIES
  1. DONINGTON
  2. BRANDS HATCH
  3. SNETTERTON (found in the wild)
  4. THRUXTON
  5. OULTON PARK (steam workshop 2015 version)
  6. CROFT CIRCUIT
  7. KNOCKHILL (steam workshop)
  8. DONINGTON GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT
  9. SILVERSTONE (steam workshop)
  10. BRANDS HATCH GRAND PRIX

Last edited:
Personal REF: 8 cars
  1. Hyundai i30 Fastback N
  2. BMW 330e M Sport
  3. Ford Focus ST
  4. Toyota Corolla GR Sport
  5. Honda Civic Type R
  6. Cupra Leon
  7. Vauxhall Astra
  8. Infiniti Q50

btcc0.jpg
btcc1.jpg
btcc2.jpg

Last edited:
No one will deny that a career mode would not be welcome addition but they can't pull one out of their butt :)
It amazes me how bad people say gmotor is, how broken, how many bugs but they imagine they can just wave a magic wand and fix everything.

Have you seen the state of new releases from studios have far far more resources.

To say ISI got unfairly targeted is the understatement of sim history.

I mean face it if you all had supported ISI like you support other broken studios we would have gmotor3.0 :coffee:

Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshots of the BTCC DLC! :)

Does it tabulate your points and track a "season" or is it just "ala carte"?

I can't remember what game allowed me to "roll my own" season (it might be AC, I've been away almost 4 years) and specify the cars and tracks in a specific order.

Maybe that was GTR2 & I'm just getting to old to remember?

No points or anything else, would be nice if you could put tracks in round order.

P.S. Making simple room mod ( rfmod) with Mas2 you can exclude all the unused layouts which makes a little cleaner looking.

btcc4.jpg

Last edited:
gmotor has always riled me.
Like content with caps locks will come before no caps which throws the whole alphabet out, what world did they think that was appropriate ?
Content have spaces underscores hyphens numbers at front at end.
Then mod is called one thing, the rfcmp is another and yet again in menu something else. lol
There is no rhyme or reason to it.
Been that way since SCGT :coffee:

P.S.
You can even see this in DLC. lol
The BMW has 2 model numbers which throws out the list of years.
Silly little things like that to me that are fixable.

btcc5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshots of the BTCC DLC! :)
Would be nice if they could hurry along and pack all series ie: LMP, LMH, GTE, etc.

Another thing I never liked is you can't even tell how many cars or tracks you actually have. My list says 431 cars, it's 1/2 that :coffee: ( you need to check your installed folder answer = 208 cars.
Even then for instance Apex Indycar takes 3 slots for skin sets of the same car
so that means it's really only 206 cars, and so on and so on.

Like for instance Aussie Legends which is 9 cars has something like 40+ filters.
All this does is slow down rF2 reading stuff.
My favourite mod of all time, Woo Choo's endurance mod is the same you have to mouse scroll endlessly and if you know rF2 menu you know it's horrible, it runs everywhere so the bigger the lists the more hassle. They need to turn the mouse scroll speed down or something.
That is why I pack every single piece of content into rfmods, so I don't; have to endure these huge lists and a crazy mouse.
Not saying there should not be filters, just must be a better way.
As well filters need to be named so you can actually understand what they are.

Again in workshop the numbers you see subscribed tells you nothing.
How many 3rd party cars how many tracks, you can only guess.

Last edited:
Well for me the best way but you can't do this for the new online.
Old days this method would work in my old room.
With the newer dedicated server ( steam cmd) you have to install a second copy of content besides needing to be a rocket engineer to set it up and host content.
I think I rather pay then have to keep doing that.
Only problem there is you can't use 3rd party content can you ? lol

So I relented and re-subscribed all S397 content bar the go kart and track.
Pushes me up to 138 subscribed items ( 77.3GB)

That still leaves 130GB of 3rd party rfcmp I archive.
Of that I only install a bit over half ( 77GB )
Installed locations and vehicles = 154GB
I like the files are uncompressed what you get in rfcmp is same as installed

If you don't online archiving everything but the DLC ( which you can't) is the way to go.

Last edited:
The BTCC cars area lot of fun...you only need one to race against the others. Pick one and give it a try. I like Knockhill and it's free!
YES! I found an appropriate Honda Civic & several tracks on steam workshop (listed above).

One of them is Knockhill, but I haven't run it yet...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back