Anyone else heard of GIMX

Hi all, I have been experimenting using GIMX (gimx.fr) and a DIY USB adapter using a Arduino Leonardo and a CP2102 usb to ttl uart, and thought I would share the results I had.

It was pretty easy to get going, although you need to have a computer/raspberry pi to run it aswell as the PS4.
The wheel and PS4 controller are plugged into the computer and the device I built goes from the computer to the PS4.
Using the tutorials and software available I was able to get my Logitech G25 working great on the PS4 and Driveclub, with force feedback. The game detects it as a wheel and I can do things like set rotation, assign buttons etc. There appears to be no lag/minimal, none that I could detect,

Upon being happy that this worked I tested it with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with clubsports v1. I put the wheel into PS3 mode and it worked juts like the G25, but I prefer the Fanatec for the feel of the wheel and pedals.
This software and wiki that is associated with is freeware and I stumbled across it while searching forums.

I don't have other racing games on the PS4 to test but some people have used G27, DFGT and maybe others with pcars and driveclub with success. Not bad for a total cost around £20.

I thought I would let you guys know about it as those old Logitech wheels are not so useless with the next gen consoles. Hopefully with more development a stand alone device might be close without the need for a computer aswell as the PS4.

Thanks for reading and I hope some of you may find it useful.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back