1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else heard of GIMX

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Dean Pryce, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Hi all, I have been experimenting using GIMX (gimx.fr) and a DIY USB adapter using a Arduino Leonardo and a CP2102 usb to ttl uart, and thought I would share the results I had.

It was pretty easy to get going, although you need to have a computer/raspberry pi to run it aswell as the PS4.
    The wheel and PS4 controller are plugged into the computer and the device I built goes from the computer to the PS4.
    Using the tutorials and software available I was able to get my Logitech G25 working great on the PS4 and Driveclub, with force feedback. The game detects it as a wheel and I can do things like set rotation, assign buttons etc. There appears to be no lag/minimal, none that I could detect,

Upon being happy that this worked I tested it with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 with clubsports v1. I put the wheel into PS3 mode and it worked juts like the G25, but I prefer the Fanatec for the feel of the wheel and pedals.
    This software and wiki that is associated with is freeware and I stumbled across it while searching forums.

I don't have other racing games on the PS4 to test but some people have used G27, DFGT and maybe others with pcars and driveclub with success. Not bad for a total cost around £20.

I thought I would let you guys know about it as those old Logitech wheels are not so useless with the next gen consoles. Hopefully with more development a stand alone device might be close without the need for a computer aswell as the PS4.

Thanks for reading and I hope some of you may find it useful.