• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Anyone Else Have To Limit Their Time Doing Hot Laps?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by HypoToad, Jun 21, 2017.

1. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    So many different cars and tracks, I could spend all day long just doing hot laps, I have to limit myself now, my favorite track is Road America, no matter how many times I lap that thing, I can always find a way to go a fraction faster, it's addictive I tell ya!

2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    Same for me with Nordschleife! :sneaky::geek:
    For me it helped to join the Club races here on RD. Now I do only the car and track for the races.
    It gets a bit boring after some time and I am actually spending less time in assetto corsa.
    Doubled the fun though! :thumbsup:

3. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +291
    I generally need a reason to do hotlaps. I usually do them when i have a race here on RD (or elsewhere), when i attempt to get a WR on RSR or more rarely when there a combo car/track that i enjoy particularly. It happened a couple of times that i did it because i had some sort of Epiphany about some tweaks on the setup of a car. Anyway it can be a lot of fun with a new track or a new car. The last car i really enjoyed was the f1 2017 mod from race sim studio in basically every possible track.

4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    Hotlapping: the sad fate of so many players in racing games, when they could be racing instead.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland
    Premium

Ratings:
    +201
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +291
    Hard to race when there are no race...and please don't tell me you meant AI. No satisfaction in beating a computer.

7. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    For me hotlapping is essential. You, the car, the track. Peace for the mind, unstressful learning. Just having your private time with the car :inlove:
    Of course I need races too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +310
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ring Rat

Ring Rat

Ratings:
    +7
    I just pick a car, and then go hotlap the ring...
    Ocasionallyill swing by Spa or Imola... Bust mostly just.... pick car, go to ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,599
    I get my satisfaction from doing 2-3 RD club races each week with a great group of fun and very competitive guys. Plenty of racing to be had. :thumbsup:

11. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +291
    Yeah i meant that in the afternoon there are no races... Or in the morning if i have time. In those moments i hotlap because there are no races.

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,599
    Have you tried Sim Racing Systems? They seem to be really amping up lately and they usually have some kind of race going off every hour.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/

13. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +291
    Yes, tried and the level to be honest is not that high. I raced a bit there and often got rammed by other people. I prefer RD club races, people care a bit more about contacts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Feco

Feco
    You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Same thing here! I keep fighting my young brother for faster times.. the combo here is z4 gt3 + spa!