• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Anyone Else Have To Limit Their Time Doing Hot Laps?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by HypoToad, Jun 21, 2017.

1. HypoToad

HypoToad

Ratings:
    +50
    So many different cars and tracks, I could spend all day long just doing hot laps, I have to limit myself now, my favorite track is Road America, no matter how many times I lap that thing, I can always find a way to go a fraction faster, it's addictive I tell ya!

2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +825
    Same for me with Nordschleife! :sneaky::geek:
    For me it helped to join the Club races here on RD. Now I do only the car and track for the races.
    It gets a bit boring after some time and I am actually spending less time in assetto corsa.
    Doubled the fun though! :thumbsup:

3. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +327
    I generally need a reason to do hotlaps. I usually do them when i have a race here on RD (or elsewhere), when i attempt to get a WR on RSR or more rarely when there a combo car/track that i enjoy particularly. It happened a couple of times that i did it because i had some sort of Epiphany about some tweaks on the setup of a car. Anyway it can be a lot of fun with a new track or a new car. The last car i really enjoyed was the f1 2017 mod from race sim studio in basically every possible track.

4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +388
    Hotlapping: the sad fate of so many players in racing games, when they could be racing instead.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland
    Premium

Ratings:
    +207
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +327
    Hard to race when there are no race...and please don't tell me you meant AI. No satisfaction in beating a computer.

7. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +825
    For me hotlapping is essential. You, the car, the track. Peace for the mind, unstressful learning. Just having your private time with the car :inlove:
    Of course I need races too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +388
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ring Rat

Ring Rat

Ratings:
    +7
    I just pick a car, and then go hotlap the ring...
    Ocasionallyill swing by Spa or Imola... Bust mostly just.... pick car, go to ring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,629
    I get my satisfaction from doing 2-3 RD club races each week with a great group of fun and very competitive guys. Plenty of racing to be had. :thumbsup:

11. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +327
    Yeah i meant that in the afternoon there are no races... Or in the morning if i have time. In those moments i hotlap because there are no races.

12. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Have you tried Sim Racing Systems? They seem to be really amping up lately and they usually have some kind of race going off every hour.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/

13. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +327
    Yes, tried and the level to be honest is not that high. I raced a bit there and often got rammed by other people. I prefer RD club races, people care a bit more about contacts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Feco

Feco
    You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Same thing here! I keep fighting my young brother for faster times.. the combo here is z4 gt3 + spa!