Any way to get accurate fuel consumption numbers?

Sorry for the newbie question, but is it possible to get accurate fuel consumption numbers somehow? I did the Formula 3 race on Velopark today and the setup page said 40L would last 36 laps. The race was 1h long (about 72 laps), so I filled up with 40L+40L at the pit stop and hoped for the best. At the end of the race I had 10L left, so the estimate was way off. I didn't get much practice in so I couldn't test beforehand and the fuel gauge only displays whole liters so it was hard to estimate the fuel consumption per lap.

On that note, is there an easy way to get a better fuel gauge? Apart from displaying in whole liters with no decimals, it also seems that the fuel volume number doesn't fit in the space. When I got down to 19L remaining the 1 was "off screen" and I thought I was out of fuel when in reality I had 10L left.

Last edited:
Hi, the standard information in the garage is not accurate. I use the GID Plugin and the consumption estimate through this is more accurate. DynHud incorporated by Reiza I can not comment because I do not use this. If you are interested in the GID, please visit the MODS section to learn more or wait for other reviews.

I wass about to post more or less the same... The fuel indication in the garage is set for the stock cars V8; fuel consumption is accurate for them but does not correspond to the other cars. The original DynHUD gives you a more accurate number: you need to drive at least 2 laps (more is better, as it will make an average)... unless you loose it when someone leave the server! GID does not have this problem..
Last trick: get on Teamspeak and... ask! In RD club races, people will help you figuring it out! :)

Last edited:
Hi, the standard information in the garage is not accurate. I use the GID Plugin and the consumption estimate through this is more accurate. DynHud incorporated by Reiza I can not comment because I do not use this. If you are interested in the GID, please visit the MODS section to learn more or wait for other reviews.

I will have a look at it, thanks. Gong to try the DynHUD editor to begin with as it seems easier :cautious:

I wass about to post more or less the same... The fuel indication in the garage is set for the stock cars V8; fuel consumption is accurate for them but does not correspond to the other cars. The original DynHUD gives you a more accurate number: you need to drive at least 2 laps (more is better, as it will make an average)... unless you loose it when someone leave the server! GID does not have this problem..
Last trick: get on Teamspeak and... ask! In RD club races, people will help you figuring it out! :)

I see, that would certainly explain why the estimate is way off. I did see an estimate on the DynHUD gauge in game but wasn't sure which number to trust. I'll look into GID.

I did join Teamspeak but I'm a bit shy :ninja:

DAQ plugin looks amazing, will try that out for sure. Found the DynHUD editor and the "CleanHUD" fuel widget is much better. ProHUD looks even better though.

Thanks a lot guys, really helpful.

I don't want to spoil but from the latest beta change log, it seems Reiza worked on fuel consumption & estimates…:whistling: It seems they do listen to feedbacks even if they don't post each time. And work seems to still be underway for DynHUD too; let's dream that one day it will be fixed! :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back