Any Valve Index Sim racing feedback yet?

Disagree completely. Not worth the extra work at all as a competitive sim racer. Battled one for 2 years and regret selling my V3 in place of building one.

If I had my time again, I'd have bought a DD wheel, a couple of rims and a nice set of pedals straight away instead of messing with either motion platform.

That's just me though, I guess.

Upvote 0
My Index will be here in a couple days.
I have a Reverb G1, but the controllers are pretty disappointing. And WMR occasionally has surprises I didn’t know I had to deal with like full screen Discord notifications.
It’s better than my Rift S was. But not a “complete Vr” solution like I hoped.
I prefer decent resolution and great tracking/controllers over great resolution with mediocre controllers/decent tracking.
I also play HL Alyx and Beat Saber.
I’ll let you all know how I feel about Index vs Reverb and hopefully put you at ease about your “what if” feelings regarding not getting the Reverb.
And before it’s suggested, I won’t buy Reverb G2. I’m not denying it’s better than the G1, but they absolutely didn’t resolve all the issues G1 had so IMO, it’s not worth $650.

Upvote 0
Also, not categorically better than the G1, so, there's that...

But G1 destroys Index, for me. Loved the Index, Forgot it in an instant when I booted into the G1.

That's why there's different products for different people I guess :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea