Any Update on V0.9 ??

I don't think Brendon will say anything about this. It will be a matter of us forcing it to him, maybe nominate someone (ie; racedepartment) to take donations and deposit them into his paypal. Weather or not he builds v0.9 is not what matters. I would more so look at it as a kind gesture by the people who he has helped over the years.

I'd definetly toss Brendon some more change if he'd just show some signs of life here. Even more if he could get 9.0 out. I've been using BTB to create and test our new raceway facility on Oahu, Kalaeloa Raceway Park. Allowing us to drive the track beforehand gives us an edge on planning our facility and looking for unforeseen problems. We do everything in CAD before hand...but BTB allows us to see it and most importanly drive it. It's a fantastic use of BTB.

I really hope Brendon comes back and gets on this project...and I'd be willing to toss alot more at him if he did.

www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com for anyone interested in checking it out.

...Weather or not he builds v0.9 is not what matters. I would more so look at it as a kind gesture by the people who he has helped over the years.
The idea of donations as the community is great - I'm down - sign me in! :)

From the slightly other topic, imagine what would happen if Brendon gives the sign now - the amount of posts/questions/whishlists would kill him immediately ;)
Maybe he still reads what happens here, remember that anybody has to be looged in to read posts here on the Forum.

I understand that we must make him see that we understand it stopped working in BTB and bankrolled a new update of BTB.

if we can arrange to get that message ... I think we can do little more until Brendom have the strength to resume his work in BTB

Piddy's last activity on his youtube channel is only 2 weeks ago, so I suppose he's doing fine. The reason why he don't keep us informed of what's happening is a mystery, and I hope the meaning of this sentence: ''A hoobiest that got carried away'' doesn't reflect what he think about BTB, that would be irresponsible to live like if this community has never existed. Whether that's the case or not, I will always be grateful to what he did for us, and i'm in for donation if it's possible to do so.

i refer your to this
Important Message
Future Development

The past year has seen me work pretty much full time on BTB with a couple of side projects helping fund BTB development. That has meant between 12-16 hours every day with very few days off.

Whilst I have enjoyed indulging myself in BTB development and have added a lot of good features, continuing in this manner is not financially possible. Sales haven’t been anywhere near what is needed to sustain this rate of development.

My kids are growing older and naturally more demanding, the wife wants an occasional holiday and it would be irresponsible of me (and impossible) to continue solely on BTB income. A recent offer to join one of the leading game development teams at what they call "good income" still is a financial step backwards compared to what had been my regular job.

So, somewhat sadly, having given a lot to track building (very willingly of course) it is now time to devote more of my life to my family and to other areas of my life in order to live a more balanced existence.

Henceforth I am back into the regular development world and BTB development will continue at a more relaxed pace.

Taken from http://www.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/26226-important-message.html

yup, id be in for a once off 'momentum donation' to brendan to help keep the idea of v0.9 alive :) i sure understand the need to back off and reprioritise, but i gotta say this is also GREAT software, so would be happy to help it whatever way i could

either that or anyone with a BETA of v0.9 want to share ;)

cheers
ed

You can donate to Piddy when your logged in at BTB site, just select your details and it has a donate button and a running total of how much you have donated.
Its there also for people to save up enough money in donations to purchase BTB with the money instead.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back