• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

General Any tutorials for making a showroom?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by St3fan, Nov 1, 2016.

1. St3fan

St3fan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +320
    I really want to make a showroom myself, but I can't seem to find good information how to do that. I find that I can probably use the create showroom function in Content Manager, but I can't find the requirements for the panorama image. What size? What resolution? Aspect ratio?

Could anyone offer some help where to start?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,169
    It's just a normal model actually (export as 'track' from the kseditor), the panorama's just a regular texture mapped to whatever object makes sense for it. (Kunos ones are basically a hemisphere above a flat plane, with some of the details visible in the panorama modeled in around the seam)

One unusual thing in the Kunos ones is that it uses a floating point dds format so the panorama's an HDR image with an all real brightness scale.

You'll need at least 8000x4000 to get a decent ingame appearance, possibly larger.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +723
    Great ! I was wondering about how to create showroom too.

Content Manager can create a showroom ? Awesome :) Gotta try it when I'll manage to get a decent photo of nice environment.

I guess modeling it and editing at ksEditor as a track would be an advantage. I wonder how much polygones and materials could a showroom have and not hit on performance.

8000x4000 damn thats quite big image !

4. NightEye87

NightEye87

Ratings:
    +209
    Considering tracks have easily 3 million in sight at any given time, you can go quite crazy with a modeled showroom ;)

• Wow Wow x 1