Any good open wheel trainers available ?

All the sims seem to have one of these. I was just wondering If Assetto Corsa has any, or plans to ?
I really liked the Skippy in Iracing quite a bit.

Problem I have with high downforce, is no warning when its breaking free. With a no downforce model you usually get a slight bit of tire screech or something to warn you your reaching the limits of adhesion. I'll have to give the car a try, what model car is it under ?

Problem I have with high downforce, is no warning when its breaking free. With a no downforce model you usually get a slight bit of tire screech or something to warn you your reaching the limits of adhesion. I'll have to give the car a try, what model car is it under ?
ermh, I would click to brands->Tatuus.
It's the italian Formula 4 car, built by Abarth and Tatuus.

If you woud like a "soft" open wheeler go with the Lotus classics. The one with low power!

I personally would not consider the Formula Abarth as a trainer car, as it is kind closer to an Formula 3 car.

The Skip Barber has very little downforce and lower grip tires compared to the F Abarth. I also would like to have the Skip, is an interesting car to drive and there are very good AC tracks for it.

Formula 4 has replaced Formula Ford as the new main trainer series internationally. Most drivers go from Karts to F4 now.

I'd still love to see a Formula Ford all the same, though. Or hell, even a Formula Vee. :D

Those Metelex cars are great, but there PC hogs bigtime. I put a field of 12 cars and my normal 50-70FPS went down to 12 -26 on the starting grid. Just something to watch for.
But Formula Vees would be great and the bug chassis could be used for Physics but slightly lighter weight of course. If there was only an easy way to put all those cool F-Vee bodies on them ?

Lotus 25 is by far a non car to train or learn. At its time it was one of the fastest cars around. In today's terms is old technology, a suspension that is hard to deal with compared to a more stable, stiff, low CoG training car, like the Skip Barber Formula car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back