F1 2013 Any chance for 3 Practice session?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

I am playing F1 2013 but if this is a real sim racing; where is the all practice? How can I simulate full fuel and qualy fuel car? It is very hard to be ready for a legend race?

Do you think that there will be update about that? Even I dont want to talk about manual pit stops; manual starts :((

Hell will freeze over before Codemasters put back what they removed.

The closest we ever got to manual pit stops was in F1 2010 (You had to brake into your pit box). You had a pit limiter button too.

As far as CM concerned, they said MOST users do not use all 3 practice sessions (I don't know where they got evidence of that from). So they removed FP1 & FP2.

You have to re-start the FP3 session multiple times to get the practice you want. You can change the fuel via the TV setup screen, part of the engine settings screen

Manual starts look like never appearing either. That was requested every year since F1 2010 .....

Cheers :)

Hi all,

I am playing F1 2013 but if this is a real sim racing; where is the all practice? How can I simulate full fuel and qualy fuel car? It is very hard to be ready for a legend race?

Do you think that there will be update about that? Even I dont want to talk about manual pit stops; manual starts :((

No. This is not real sim racing. Not even close. :x3:

In fact, I liken it to F1 Race Stars' slightly more mature cousin.

Just approach it as a game and nothing else, then it is quite enjoyable - well, the last version I got (2012) was, anyway. If you start saying "well, that's not realistic", you'll go insane in no time.

Codemasters prefer to add in such things like Season Challenge, Champions mode, Scenario mode and Young drivers test which are all ridiculously easy, a waste of time and resources, and are hardly ever played.

Every year, they add in these little gimmicks when they really should be focusing on Career mode and Online. So no, we wont see FP1 and FP2 back in the near future, as CM seem to think that it's hardly ever used. The thing is though, career mode is completely dumbed down because of its exclusion.

Codemasters prefer to add in such things like Season Challenge, Champions mode, Scenario mode and Young drivers test which are all ridiculously easy, a waste of time and resources, and are hardly ever played.

Every year, they add in these little gimmicks when they really should be focusing on Career mode and Online. So no, we wont see FP1 and FP2 back in the near future, as CM seem to think that it's hardly ever used. The thing is though, career mode is completely dumbed down because of its exclusion.
I hope they will focus more on career for f1 2014. I only play career, and sometimes quick race but never the other modes, well I have to do young drivers test. But career mode could be so much better they could add better stories and all kinds of things

Hi all,

First, this series is not a real sim racing, and is not marketed as such. We can (still) mod it to make it as close as we possibly can, though, so I'm thankful to the RD crew for hosting such great features. Second, you can simulate three practice sessions this way: At the end of the first practice session, there are Results showing up, and below it, there are Menu Options. One of these menu options says "Restart Session" (or something alike). Use it to restart practice twice, and voilà, you have three practice sessions. Ok, it's a workaround, but it's all we have left.

Manual starts should be an option for Single-Player mode (it would be a nightmare to implement online: imagine if any 7-years-old decided to only make false starts, and the like...). Manual pit stops should also be a (working) option on next gen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back