F1 2010 Anti roll bar and suspension stiffness help

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
So I'm trying my own setups and am struggling to get to grips with how to setup the anti roll bars and the spring stiffness in the game. I've downloaded the setup guide but that's not helping much.

Can someone tell me how setting the roll bars and spring stiffness to a higher or lower number affects handling?

I'm no expert but from what I've learnt, you basically want as stiff a car as you can handle. Anti-roll bars control weight transfer to the loaded tyre ( the tyre with all the grip ), so if the ARB is stiff then it will transfer more weight ( therefore more grip hopefully ), more quickly. If it's too stiff the weight will transfer too quickly and break traction.

So basically if your front loaded tyre locks up on corner entry and you get understeer, then your front ARB is too stiff. If on corner entry your front tyre don't lock up but you have unresponsive turn in you need to stiffen the front ARB. Basically the same applies on corner exit for the rear.

I'm not so good on springs so I'll leave that to someone else. I should also say, this might not apply in this game I've not tweaked as much as I have in forza but should get you started, hope it helps.

Gareth (and other racers),

Keep in mind that F1 2010-game's 'Suspension Stiffness' page and the 'Anti-Roll Bar Stiffness' page READ THE OPPOSITE!

Suspension page:
(-) equals SOFTER
(+) equals STIFFER

Anti-Roll Bar page:
(-) equals STIFFER
(+) equals SOFTER (or more roll or lean from side-to-side)

This info should help when setting up the car in F1 2010.

"Meet you at the Finish Line"
~ NorthernSanta

I know it's really stupid that's it's opposite, I think it's the same with the description of the ride height, that's why I don't trust the descriptions and don't know what to do in terms of the roll bars and springs,as the descriptions read 'higher value' and 'lower value'. Thanks for the help, I'll try some stuff with this info in mind.

I'm in a Sauber at the moment and for some reason, after I brake and start to turn into a hairpin or slow chicane, the rear feels as if it's sliding around a bit. Is this just with a Sauber? I started noticing it at Monza and it's happening again at the hairpin in Suzuka.

At the moment I use the setups off here and tweak the things I understand to my liking.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back