Anti-Aliasing is no Longer Being Applied by NVidia Inspector

Back to Raceroom after some time off, only to find that my NVidia Inspector Anti Aliasing settings evidently aren't being applied. Therefore, Raceroom was a jaggy mess.
This has since been resolved by deleting the Raceroom profile from NVidia Inspector.

Perhaps related, my GTR2 and GTL installations are having the same issue ... NVidia Anti-Aliasing is not being applied.
Nothing has changed on my system since I updated my graphics driver in March of 2022.
I'm not seeing anyone else with this issue, so I don't know where to turn.
Any ideas? Screenshots attached.

Stock from CD GTR2 patched to v1.1
GTR2 is not installed under "Programs"
Run as Administrator
RunAff Processor Affinity
GTR2 Powerlines.jpg
GTR2 NVidia Inspector.jpg

4 GB Patch
No CD Patch for v1.1
Multiple installations for various mods

System:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 3.90 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GP Driver Version: 512.15

An issue with the new drivers? Uninstall the new drivers, run DDU in safe mode, restart, install the drivers again. If that doesn't work, repeat but revert to the previous drivers and see if that works. "Most recent" drivers often means you are the beta tester.

An issue with the new drivers? Uninstall the new drivers, run DDU in safe mode, restart, install the drivers again. If that doesn't work, repeat but revert to the previous drivers and see if that works. "Most recent" drivers often means you are the beta tester.

Thanks for replying.
I haven't updated the GPU driver since March of 2022, and all was fine after that ... until now. The fact that both Raceroom and GTR2/GTL are affected makes me think something changed with NVidia Inspector.

Back to Raceroom after some time off, only to find that my NVidia Inspector Anti Aliasing settings evidently aren't being applied. Therefore, Raceroom was a jaggy mess.
This has since been resolved by deleting the Raceroom profile from NVidia Inspector.

Perhaps related, my GTR2 and GTL installations are having the same issue ... NVidia Anti-Aliasing is not being applied.
Nothing has changed on my system since I updated my graphics driver in March of 2022.
I'm not seeing anyone else with this issue, so I don't know where to turn.
Any ideas? Screenshots attached.

Stock from CD GTR2 patched to v1.1
GTR2 is not installed under "Programs"
Run as Administrator
RunAff Processor AffinityView attachment 594795View attachment 594796
4 GB Patch
No CD Patch for v1.1
Multiple installations for various mods

System:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 3.90 GHz
32.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GP Driver Version: 512.15
Set "Antialiasing compatiblity" to 0x004412C1 (Diablo III)

I'm using the dxvk patch and in the dxvk.conf, have this set

# d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = -1
d3d9.forceSwapchainMSAA = 8

Put it to 4 if you have issues with frame rate.

Thank you for your responses.

I deleted the GTR2, GTL, and RaceRoom profiles from NVidia Inspector.
This at least improves the AA to what the games originally were capable of.

Then, Using NVidia Control Panel, I applied the following:
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Antialiasing - FXAA: On
Antialiasing - Mode: Enhance the application
Antialiasing - Setting: 8x
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality: High Quality

This Definitely improved GTR2/GTL.
I'm not sure I notice a difference with RaceRoom (perhaps because it already offers 8X AA).
I'm not sure I see a difference with FXAA (either on or off).
The worst part now is the white lines at the edge of the track. They are noticeably jagged where with NVidia AA Setting of
32xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 8x MS] they were smooth.

Last edited:
Thank you for your responses.

I deleted the GTR2, GTL, and RaceRoom profiles from NVidia Inspector.
This at least improves the AA to what the games originally were capable of.

Then, Using NVidia Control Panel, I applied the following:
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
Antialiasing - FXAA: On
Antialiasing - Mode: Enhance the application
Antialiasing - Setting: 8x
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality: High Quality

This Definitely improved GTR2/GTL.
I'm not sure I notice a difference with RaceRoom (perhaps because it already offers 8X AA).
I'm not sure I see a difference with FXAA (either on or off).
The worst part now is the white lines at the edge of the track. They are noticeably jagged where with NVidia AA Setting of
32xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 8x MS] they were smooth.
Again, set "Antialiasing compatiblity" to 0x004412C1 (Diablo III)
Disable FXAA
Set AA Mode to Override any application setting
Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling (using nvidiaProfileInspector)

Good information NEChris. I did try the "Diablo III" setting, but it didn't improve things at all. However, I did not apply it with the other settings you've provided here. I'll give it a try later today.
Couple of questions:
What setting do you use in the "Antialiasing - setting" field?
Do you leave it blank/default?
Can you upload the NVidia Inspector .nip file that you are using for GTR2?
Thanks!

Are you using reshade or have you set disable screen compatibility settings in the properties of the GTR2 exe. (think it's properties - anyhoo it's in the exe somewhere there). If using reshade I had to use nivdia inspector aa compatibility of 0040000 (something like that - check out retrolux reshade posts) rather than Diablo. No part of my answer are instant contenders as a solution but there in-case you've tried everything else.

Also windowed or non windowed in the video config?

Last edited:
Are you using reshade or have you set disable screen compatibility settings in the properties of the GTR2 exe. (think it's properties - anyhoo it's in the exe somewhere there). If using reshade I had to use nivdia inspector aa compatibility of 0040000 (something like that - check out retrolux reshade posts) rather than Diablo. No part of my answer are instant contenders as a solution but there in-case you've tried everything else.

Also windowed or non windowed in the video config?
I'm not using reshade, nor have I done anything within the GTR2.exe (I don't know anything about either of the subjects). I am currently running in non-windowed/fullscreen mode. If I recall correctly, at one time you had to run GTR2 in a window in order to have NVidia Inspector AA setting applied. That was later "fixed", or a solution was found (Enhance the application).
Meanwhile, I haven't had the free-time to play around with the advice provided in this thread. I'll report back if I find a solution. Still, it's seems I'm the only one having issues!

Good information NEChris. I did try the "Diablo III" setting, but it didn't improve things at all. However, I did not apply it with the other settings you've provided here. I'll give it a try later today.
Couple of questions:
What setting do you use in the "Antialiasing - setting" field?
Do you leave it blank/default?
Can you upload the NVidia Inspector .nip file that you are using for GTR2?
Thanks!
AA - Setting: 8xQ [8x Multisampling]
Attached is my _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) 516.94.nip file which I use for all games (remove .txt from the file name)

Attachments

• _GLOBAL_DRIVER_PROFILE (Base Profile) 516.94.nip.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 92
FOR ME:

1. I deleted my GTR2 profile from NVidia Control Panel
2. I deleted my GTR2 profile from NVidia Inspector
3. I created a new GTR2 profile in NVidia Inspector
4. I only changed the following settings:
a. Antialiasing compatibility: 0x004412C1 (Diablo III)
b. Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting
c. Antialiasing - Setting: 8xQ [8x Multisampling]
d. Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling: 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling

GTR2 now looks, drives, and sounds like I remember (still pretty darned good)!
Thanks to all for your help!

Interesting ... I see now that NVidia Control Panel re-created profiles for GTR2 and GTL with "simplified" selections that I made in NVidia Inspector. The settings in NVidia Control Panel only show:

1. Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting
2. Antialiasing - Setting: 8x

I guess it makes sense ...

Hi cnuk,

bumping this thread as I had exactly the same issue/solution using Rfactor. Graphic card is the same as yours, GTX 1060 6G.
Other than you I'm quite convinced that the issue might indeed be related to the driver version (there seemed to have been an automatic update before the issue occurred).
Although the above mentioned fix made AA working again I'm somewhat under the impression graphics don't look quite as good as before since.
Did another update from 516.94 to 528.02 with no effect, I'm now thinking of going back to an earlier version.
Do you have any experience with different driver versions, maybe even a suggestion for a specific version?

Thanks in advance
W.

Might be stating the obvious and you've done it but did you re-apply the Nvidia Inspector settings after updating your driver - it needs to be done each and every time you update the graphics driver. For good measure I also do it whenever there is a big windows update. Using nvidia driver 522.25 and it works for me and has done so with all previous drivers.

Last edited:
Might be stating the obvious and you've done it but did you re-apply the Nvidia Inspector settings after updating your driver - it needs to be done each and every time you update the graphics driver. For good measure I also do it whenever there is a big windows update. Using nvidia driver 522.25 and it works for me and has done so with all previous drivers.
Yep, did that. As I said NvInsp IS indeed working but somehow graphics are not quite as good as before.
Also with 8x Sparse Grid Supersampling applied the only working option for AA setting is 8xQ [8x Multisampling]. Choosing any other option (e. g. 32xS [Combined: 2x2 SS + 8x MS]) leads to AA not working at all. Not sure though whether this might have been the case before already.

Thanks for the reply anyway, think I'm going to just fiddle around with some older driver versions incl. the one you mentioned.

Interesting that you bring this issue up, as I have just returned to GTR2/PNG this last week.
The first thing I noticed was that the graphics configuration window popped up. It's my experience that this only happens when the driver for my NVidia GPU is updated. I know that I hadn't manually updated my driver (I believe in not updating unless there's a problem, and auto-update is set to "off"). However, in responding to this thread, I checked my driver and found that indeed, it has been updated from 512.15 to 516.94!

Like you, I don't think my image is as good as it used to be. Especially noticeable are the chain-link fences, holes in trees, and road-stripes getting blurry approximately 50' or so in front of the car. I threw a bunch of different setting at the issue using only NVidia Inspector, but haven't really been able to improve the issue. Honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm doing anyway ... I just apply the various settings I've "collected" from a variety of users over time!

Any graphics changes to the system, even if making no substantive changes to the game will trigger the config to run again; so not just vid driver updates, but new monitor, windoze updates, different resolution detected, etc.

Without starting any of my sims i once did some system testing that involved changing resolution, tweaking driver settings, etc.; then put everything back to normal and restarted windoze ...the next time I fired up GTL, GTR2, and rfactor, the config screens appeared.

"I don't know what the heck I'm doing anyway ... I just apply the various settings I've "collected" from a variety of users over time"

Lol! Same here, even reading the descriptions of the options I often have no idea what they do, so play around with settings, making notes of what looks good. Many settings seem quite system dependent, so what works for one person may look horrible for someone else (if you've ever been tormented by MS FlightSim you know how complicated this can be).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 1 3.6%