Anti Aliasing / Anisotrophic Filtering issues

Hi all,

Recently I re-installed RBR with RSRBR 12, it's soooo a pleasure to re-discover this great game and this feeling of rally driving (I'm learning at the moment and have so much pleasure with the Peugeot 205 Rallye on tarmac ;))

I have the following problem (I searched on Google and it's a known issue, but I didn't find any solution):

--> When I go to the parameters of my graphic card (catalyst control center), and turn AA and AF on, I have great graphics but I got also these kind of bothering black horizontal lines on the track.

--> When I turn AA and AF off in the catalyst control center, I have no black lines anymore but a very alaised RBR...

My graphic card is an: ATI Radeon HD4800 Series (512 Mo).

In the RBR setups, details and graphics are on: "high"
In the RBR.ini file, it's also on "high"

is there a fix for that?
Can I force the AA and AF from an other programm?

Thanks for your kind help.

Cédric

Thanks Senad.

I found this on a forum (a message from SCI games):

"Black lines appearing on the road are caused by forcing the graphics driver to use AF (Anisotrophic Filtering) and/or FSAA (Fullscreen Anti Alias) via the graphics driver setup. This also can have other graphical side effects, such as poor looking fonts and 2D graphics, because forced AF and FSAA is applied to everything that is rendered instead of the application selecting where to use it. Performance also degrades. Please use default graphics driver settings so that the application is able to control graphics settings. This way there will be no black mipmap lines and the game runs with optimal performance."

I think I tried the default settings yesterday, then I had no black lines on the road but the graphics were not good.

I will also try "Radeon Pro" so that I can activate multisampling.

Let see what will happen...

EDIT: I tried to turn on/offseveral things in the CCC but it doesn't work.
I will try to update the driver of my graphic card.
And you, what are your graphic settings? Do you force the AA/ AF without having any issues?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back