Anti-aliasing and Aniso probs

• Thread starter Antoine Morin
  • Start date
A

Antoine Morin

• Antoine Morin

Hi there ;)

I got problems with those settings ...i have disabled the AA in the race video and languages option to let my ati drivers keep those settings. I putted them to 4 for the AA and 8 for the Aniso , but i still have a crapy image when playing ... all the things in the game menu (when it's launched) is at max.

I have to say that it's not always ....sometimes i have a good settings applied , but sometimes not .... it's a very strange thing.

Is there a way to Force the AA and the Aniso in the .ini or .cfg files ?

I

Ingo Voellinger

• Ingo Voellinger

I use 16x anisotropic filtering with only 2x AA and it looks great.
Its important to switch antialiasing-mode to overwrite settings!

Marcel Hulsbergen

#111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
I notice also bad AA in Race on. Maybe I have to get used to ATI.

What makes it much better is the Anti-Aliasing Mode in the Catalyst driver. No matter how much AA you set, try this slider on max to Quality. This will cost you a lot of FPS so your hardware needs to be powerful enough. Also Disable Catalyst AI in the driver.

I think there are a couple of AA bugs in Race On. In my case almost everything gets antialiasing, apart from a few cars.
First the settings: I'm running an NVidia card, 4x AA in the Race On video settings, then "enhance" from within NHancer and using 8xS AA from there, along with 16xAF.
The reason I use "enhance" not "override" is that I've found override doesn't apply AA properly in any GMotor sim.

If I go into the car menus, all previous game content (Race07, Evo, STCC) looks smooth and antialiased, as do the Formula Masters and the US Muscle. However, if I load WTCC2008 the sides of many of the cars are horribly aliased. It's as if the game engine is forgetting to use antialiasing on them.

Now with "override AA" you should force the video drivers to use antialiasing on everything, whereas my current "enhance AA" should apply antialiasing only where the game tells it to, but use the AA level I set outside the game, so I assume the problem really is that Race On has some surfaces (WTCC 2008 cars in particular) incorrectly defined somehow and therefore not being given any antialiasing.

Shovas

Premium
I think there are a couple of AA bugs in Race On. In my case almost everything gets antialiasing, apart from a few cars.
First the settings: I'm running an NVidia card, 4x AA in the Race On video settings, then "enhance" from within NHancer and using 8xS AA from there, along with 16xAF.
The reason I use "enhance" not "override" is that I've found override doesn't apply AA properly in any GMotor sim.

Apologies for bumping an ancient thread but this helped me. It was the only solution that seemed to achieve slightly better AA results in Race 07 for me. But it's still not great on Monza 06, as one example. Some tracks seem better anti-aliased than others.

Have there been any new solutions to this problem since you posted this?

Shovas

Premium
Have there been any new solutions to this problem since you posted this?
Found the solution myself it was to enable Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling: *Sparse Grid* Supersampling in NVIDIA Inspector.

Looks so smooth now! :)

PS. Upgrade your NVIDIA drivers if NVIDIA Control Panel or NVIDIA Inspector changes don't seem to save or have any effect in game. This was my problem before implementing the above.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000