Andretti F1 Simulator equipped with Assetto Corsa

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Andretti F1 Simulator equipped with Assetto Corsa

A remarkable video surfaced in our Assetto Corsa forums today posted by Luke Russell showing an Evotek F1 motion simulator running Asetto Corsa from Andretti Indoor Karting & Games projected on a mighty Pixelwix Geo Curved screen.

We can see the open wheeler racing around the laserscanned Imola circuit in the following videos. Is this the Lotus Exos 125 that was announced earlier this year?...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine having 360 degree screen that circles you completely but it all gets used for you rotate in the center as you turn.
but allso the image rotates with you, would take some clever calibration to pull it off.
I think the future with the virtual world sim would be better using them old head sets they had in the early days.

Yes. I can make better comments while asleep.

Now I'll start Googling for a pixelwix screen, ignoring the fact that no way it will ever fit my budget.

Oh, and Bram, could you mod your avatar in AC? Would love to race it :)
Well the screen is probably dirt cheap (hmm, maybe not so much, but after all, is just a curved white panel). The software seems to be 300 up to thousands of dollars, plus the projectors.

Looks a great option for a sim racing screen, but from the vid, appears to suffer from some serious warping at times.

If you're paying top dollar for one of those, you want it warp free at least.
Either a black hole materialised close to them or that's you tubes screen shake stabilizer at work , making everything appear as if you munched mushrooms before watching the video.

These curved screens are awesome you don't get any warping there are multiple software and hardware solutions that make it not only seamless with 2-3 projectors but fixes the images so its not distorted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back