An 'alternative' option...

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
I like to use the controls that are default for each car I drive...i.e. paddles or stick etc. but I am finding it a PITA to keep having to go into the options and changing my controller setup each time to change from paddles to stick and the other way around.
CM had an option to load in a controller setup preset automatically for each car you load but until CM catches up with the new version and I can use it as a launcher again I guess I'm stuck.
It would be nice to have an 'alternative' setting in the AC launcher to be able to use paddles or stick without the fuss.
I'm nitpicking I know lol but I am missing my CM launcher :)

You are both absolutely correct lol...i've been sitting here waiting for it to be updated...I usually get a little green triangle to say there is an update and I have been looking for that every day (I seem to remember someone telling me that CM didnt use the new AI settings at the moment)...I must have already updated it and forgotten...my apologies and thanks again :)

Is it just me or does AC seem to run a lot better when launching with CM?
Interesting!
It makes absolutely no sense from technical view, but who knows! Settings are the same (or should be) and the acs.exe doesn't care which "tool" it opens.
Maybe you set different settings?
In which way does it run better?
Only explanation for me (if not different settings) would be that the original launcher is a bit heavy on your PC. But that shouldn't be. :cautious:

AC will automatically switch between paddles and H-pattern when applicable, but you need multiple profiles if you want to switch between paddles and a sequential stick in semi-auto cars.

Right, but he said he wanted to drive the car with the default shifting method that the car already comes with, and for most people AC already does this automatically.

That's right it does...
What's nice with content manager for me:
When I use the paddles I break with my left foot and therefore use the clutch as the brake. The resistance fits better then.
For the Rookie events I set left foot braking and paddles for the abarth 500, while all other cars stayed with clutch and H-shifter for when I did a trackday :)

Hmm...strange...I've always found I have to either manually swap profiles or manually change the shift up/down settings between my shifter or my wheel (paddles)...but I am old and stoopid :)

Depends on how you have your controller profile configured. I believe if you map paddles, h-gate, and clutch all to the same controller profile then the game will automatically decide what shifter to use. But I don't think there's any way to have both your sequential shifter and paddles mapped to the same controller profile? So you may have to manually choose between those two. I have a profile for each method of shifting and manually decide what I want to use each time I drive.

AFAIK AC will only auto swap between a gated shifter and an electronic (up/down) mode. It has no separate settings for paddles and sequential, unfortunately.

That's a feature I've asked for in every single sim I've played since gated shifters came around. The only sim I know of that supports it is LFS, and AFAIK it's via scripts that you have to build yourself for each car and not proper through the menu system.

Am I reading correctly that CM can do this? I really need to explore its features some more...

AFAIK AC will only auto swap between a gated shifter and an electronic (up/down) mode. It has no separate settings for paddles and sequential, unfortunately.

That's a feature I've asked for in every single sim I've played since gated shifters came around. The only sim I know of that supports it is LFS, and AFAIK it's via scripts that you have to build yourself for each car and not proper through the menu system.

Am I reading correctly that CM can do this? I really need to explore its features some more...
Afaik not automatically but you can Set "use individual controlling options" or something like that for each car. I don't use that because I don't have a sequential :(

Afaik not automatically but you can Set "use individual controlling options" or something like that for each car. I don't use that because I don't have a sequential :(

Ah, so I could set specific cars to use the sequential. Gotcha.

Shamefully, I haven't used the sequential mode on my TH8A because I can't be arsed to swap the gated plate for the sequential one when I want to switch cars, so I've just stuck with the paddles since I sold my G25. I do miss sequential, though...

You can make multiple controller profiles in CM just like you can in the vanilla launcher.

In Content Manager:
O2aYcMt.png

In the vanilla launcher:
IGmrHiU.png

Yes but you still have to manually flip between them. That's like two mouse clicks less than just remapping the control, not much of a savings. I don't understand why the controls menu doesn't just have

Paddle Gear Change Up : Press Button
Paddle Gear Change Down: Press Button
Sequential Gear Change Up: Press Button
Sequential Gear Change Down: Press Button

Each car would just have a flag for sequential/paddle/gated so it would pick the right mode when you're driving that car. Done.

I'm using "GlovePIE" to map same keystrokes to both my paddles and seq. stick and inside assetto I only use these keystrokes to shift gears. This way I can use whatever device I want to each car and if one of them fail me during race I can always use the other.
You can use this little program to map important combinations like ctrl+L(driver names) ctrl+H(hide/unhide apps) or any other keystroke to whatever button you want.

This program alows you to have diferent profiles so you can have diferent buttons assignments for each car. I have F1 to all electronic things, GT, LMP, F138, old cars with turbo settings, etc. You don't have to change anything inside assetto and you can change profiles without having to quit your car.

https://glovepie.softonic.com.br/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back