AMS Talent File Editor

Other AMS Talent File Editor 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
DeuxAlpha submitted a new resource:

AMS Talent File Editor - Editor with various, relatively advanced Capabilities

This Editor is based on the original, older Talent File Editor that was used back in the day during the golden age of RFactor1, which can be found here.

However, even though it does what it does well, I was looking for something a little more advanced, and after some time, I decided to create what I needed myself.

In this Editor. you will be able to change the .rcd-files based on the current AI-Parameters in Automobilista, which, as...

Read more about this resource...

Btw, my Avast took the file for "180" hrs in their Labs for "assessment" cause that file is as they say very rare, unusual and I guess ...suspicious to them.

DeuxAlpha updated AMS Talent File Editor with a new update entry:

Update 1.0

Changelog v1.0:
  • Added sorting capabilities for both Drivers and Teams, independently of one-another.
  • Added optional "Tendency"-Property. The idea is that drivers and teams gravitate around this value, while never going above Max or below Min.
  • Added "Leniency"-Property in connection with the "Tendency"-Property. The higher the Leniency for each driver's or team's Tendency-property, the more fluctuation will be seen in the values.
  • Added some functionality that would...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quick follow-up:
  • I noticed a few more bugs, such as when hitting enter in the Property-List, when you're already at the last item, it correctly jumps to the next driver, but not to the first item in the property-list.
  • I'm going to add a button that will add the drivers in the file chosen to the drivers that already exist in the list, so that one can easily add Drivers to a Season-File that already exists instead of redoing the entire process.
  • I will add a button that randomizes the Min-and Max-Values as well, so that you don't have to painstakingly give every driver you don't really care about min-and max values.
I'll probably do this in a few hours today, or tomorrow.

DeuxAlpha updated AMS Talent File Editor with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Changelog v1.1:
  • Fixed Property-List not resetting itself when reaching the end and going to the next driver.
  • Fixed various bugs related to Drivers not being assigned to a Team.
  • Added Buttons to add and Delete Drivers and Teams.
  • Added a Button to assign a Driver to a new Team.
  • Added the ability to quickly randomize Min-and Max-Values for Drivers and Teams. The tendency will be overwritten and in-between those values.
  • Added the ability to Add Season, Vehicle,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm looking into it.

EDIT:

Seems like it's related to the EEC using 'Driver1' and 'Driver2' parameters, instead of just 'Driver' which I hadn't considered when originally designing the program.
I probably won't get to fixing it until next week, sorry for the delay!

Last edited:
No problem, I can wait :). Thanks for your hard work! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm looking into it.

EDIT:

Seems like it's related to the EEC using 'Driver1' and 'Driver2' parameters, instead of just 'Driver' which I hadn't considered when originally designing the program.
I probably won't get to fixing it until next week, sorry for the delay!

No problem, I can wait :). Thanks for your hard work! :thumbsup:

I have, so far, not been able to come across the exact same error message that you have had, but implemented a possible solution nonetheless. I hope this fixes the error, but if not, I'd appreciate a link to the exact files that you've been using in order for me to dissect where the problem is coming from.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Wait, never-mind. I thought this was the thread for my other tool, the Vehicle File Editor. However, I should be able to easily implement the same solution in here, as the way I get the files is almost identical.
That's the kind of issues you come across when creating similarly named programs, I guess... O.o

You could implement this funcionality for two or more drivers?
Many .veh files of endurance mods (Blancpain Series for example) have 3 drivers.
Anyway, i tested 1.1.1 version and it's working fine. Thanks!

Changelog v1.1.1
  • Added functionality for adding vehicle-files that contain two drivers.

You could implement this funcionality for two or more drivers?
Many .veh files of endurance mods (Blancpain Series for example) have 3 drivers.
Anyway, i tested 1.1.1 version and it's working fine. Thanks!

Mind linking me directly to what you are talking about? I've been going through quite a few mods, but only ever found max. two drivers. If I could see the way those files are generally structured, it would make my job a lot easier by knowing what to reference, instead of having to chase my tail.

For example, in the 2016 Blancpain Endurance Cup for EEC:

GCsDvh8.jpg

To take occasion, a option to save min/max/tendency/leniency parameters for all loaded drivers in TFE could be useful too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshot! That cleared things up a little.
It is now possible to load up to 5 drivers per Veh.File.

To take occasion, a option to save min/max/tendency/leniency parameters for all loaded drivers in TFE could be useful too. :thumbsup:

Not sure I understand. Everything should be saved to the TFE-File automatically, including the parameters you listed...

Not sure I understand. Everything should be saved to the TFE-File automatically, including the parameters you listed...

My interest is estabilish a min rating for all drivers in random mode. Thus, no pilot would have his "start skill" below 80 (for example) in randomization. At the moment this is only possible by editing individually, right?
Thanks for the efforts!

Last edited:
Does the season file belong in the talent folder along with the RCD files? I still dont quite understand how AMS reads the max and min values to create the randomness. I've just created a season set for a mod im working on, so i'll report back, but where does the TFE file go?

The editor doesn't really care where the Files are located. It only loads the values, so that you can modify them. The only files the Editor will create, that will actually be used by AMS, are the rcd-Files. These have to go in the AMS/GameData/Talent-Folder, so that AMS can access them (You also need to edit the .srs-Files, so AMS knows where to look. Reference my first post to find out how to do that).
In order to have any randomness, you need to create the Season-File, with each driver's max and min values, and re-randomize the values, as well as re-create the rcd-Files, basically replacing the rcd-Files located in the Talent-Folder, which the Editor had previously created.

Basic order-of-events:
1. Load Drivers
2. Assign all kinds of values to them, saving each time, randomize, etc.
3. Create .tfe-File (Save anywhere)
4. Create .rcd-Files (Save in AMS-TalentFolder)
5. Race
6. Load .tfe-File
7. Randomize, change values, etc.
8. Save .tfe-File (Overwrite prev. File)
9. Create .rcd-Files (Overwrite prev. Files)
10. Race
11. Repeat step 6-10

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back