• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

AMS File Encryption

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by The Slippery Gypsy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. The Slippery Gypsy

The Slippery Gypsy

Ratings:
    +1
    Just finished creating a new car, and wanted AMS to be the game to host it's debut. Only one problem, the damn file encryption.

I've tried putting rfactordec into my 3DSimEd folder, and the files do get exported, but they are not encrypted. I tried different versions of 3DSimEd (down to 31d), and different versions of rfactordec, running compatibility modes as administrator, but it doesn't want to work.

So I gave up and tried figuring out manual encryption, but all I've achieved so far is making myself feel like a retard for not being able to figure out even one working solution. :thumbsdown:

So, can somebody please help me out here? Any solution to get my files in game is beyond appreciated, I'll even consider fellatio.

If you recommend manual encryption, I'm going to need a lengthy in-depth write up, or my head is going to implode.

Thankya,

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. The Slippery Gypsy

The Slippery Gypsy

Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody? Nothing? Damn.

3. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    I use an old tool for converting to Game Stock Car, which still works for AMS. It's called rfactortools and you can find it here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

I only use it to convert my finished and packed MAS files though as the tool is old and attempts to add information to your VEH files which isn't necessary for AMS anymore.

4. The Slippery Gypsy

The Slippery Gypsy

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. ARTeam

ARTeam

Ratings:
    +25
    that doesnt work for me, i always get an error, wront GMT or unsecured GMT

6. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo

Ratings:
    +258
    Mate it works. That is what everyone has to use to port mods from RF1 to SCE/AMS.

What I did was make 2 folders, 1 input and 1 output. My input folder has a "Gamedata" directory in it as well. Drop any gmt, dds, or mas files in that folder. Open the application and select the corresponding folders. Click convert. Then in your output folder are properly encoded files.

upload_2017-11-23_19-23-49.png

To extract/edit/create mas files you can use the Virta_LM mas explorer or the RF2 MAS file utility.

upload_2017-11-23_19-26-24.png
    upload_2017-11-23_19-28-24.png

Hope this helps. ;)

7. ARTeam

ARTeam

Ratings:
    +25
    I try it, thanks

8. ARTeam

ARTeam

Ratings:
    +25
    It works now and i know what im doing wrong.
    I extract and decrypt only 1 file and not all files. ☝:)