Just finished creating a new car, and wanted AMS to be the game to host it's debut. Only one problem, the damn file encryption.

I've tried putting rfactordec into my 3DSimEd folder, and the files do get exported, but they are not encrypted. I tried different versions of 3DSimEd (down to 31d), and different versions of rfactordec, running compatibility modes as administrator, but it doesn't want to work.

So I gave up and tried figuring out manual encryption, but all I've achieved so far is making myself feel like a retard for not being able to figure out even one working solution. :thumbsdown:

So, can somebody please help me out here? Any solution to get my files in game is beyond appreciated, I'll even consider fellatio.

If you recommend manual encryption, I'm going to need a lengthy in-depth write up, or my head is going to implode.

Thankya,

tumblr_myumcxvvsZ1qmemieo5_250.gif

Mate it works. That is what everyone has to use to port mods from RF1 to SCE/AMS.

What I did was make 2 folders, 1 input and 1 output. My input folder has a "Gamedata" directory in it as well. Drop any gmt, dds, or mas files in that folder. Open the application and select the corresponding folders. Click convert. Then in your output folder are properly encoded files.

upload_2017-11-23_19-23-49.png

To extract/edit/create mas files you can use the Virta_LM mas explorer or the RF2 MAS file utility.

upload_2017-11-23_19-26-24.png

upload_2017-11-23_19-28-24.png

Hope this helps. ;)

ERROR: Conversion failed: couldn't locate 'GameData/' or track directory
That's what I get. I made evrything like told in this tread but may still have misunderstood something or made it the wrong way... Who can help, please?

Dann, Reb,

Couldn't believe it... I read this thread many... many months ago... It never worked. The MAS files would not carry over.
Trying to do it manually with quickbms, I tried so many times, lost so many hours... I reread here today and it clicked!
The fantastic tool that is rfactorTools just conks out if you don't build the folder hierarchy.

I now got myself a new bunch of tracks to go flip over the armco.

Thanks to both of you.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back