1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured American Truck Simulator: First Update Brings Kenworth W900

Discussion in 'American Truck Simulator' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hot on the heels of the initial release, the team behind American Truck Simulator have thrown out a first update bringing a number of key fixes to the title and a free truck, the Kenworth W900 model as shown in the image above.

Notable changes since the release version include a vast reduction in the value of fines issued for such misdemeanors as speeding and running red lights in the early stages of the game, they now increase as the player becomes more advanced within the game.

SCS Software are currently working on AI code improvements and adding addition speed limit signs across the map to help players properly adhere to the enforced driving conditions. The next update will probably contain further juicy updates and maybe a little more content for fans to enjoy, but no release date has yet been announced.

With an impressive initial launch and strong opening update this title promises to be another hit for the team behind the excellent European Truck Simulator series and the surprisingly enjoyable Scania Truck Driving Simulator, all available via the Steam platform.

As the title develops and the community gets to grips with modding this wonderful game don't forget to check out the American Truck Simulator forum right here on RD for the latest discussions and ATS mods can be submitted here.

Have you succumbed to some big riggin' American style yet? How's it compare to the awesome European Truck Simulator? Let us know in the comments section below!

American-truck-simulator_kenworth_w900.jpg ATS_kenworth_w900_002.jpg ATS_kenworth_w900_003.jpg ATS Fancy Rig.jpg ATS Golden Gate Bridge.png ATS scenary.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Awesome, if I get my trucking company out of debt, i'll do my best to purchase this beautiful monster.

• Like Like x 2
  3. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

Love the 900. I used it alot on ETS2 i can only assume a licenced version will atleast be as good. @Bram there was a program called cheat engine which you could use for money on ets2. I assume it works on ats.

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Oh now that would be useful....

5. i´m a bit disappointed with the tuning system...barely anything to put on it..

• Love Love x 1
  6. quicksilver384

quicksilver384

Yeh. I havnt tried it with ATS but it can give you money and xp. It takes a bit of time as you have to find the right hex code.

7. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

I'd like to see this come to console...
    But I'm a bit partial to this truck...
    [​IMG]

8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I've been waiting for this moment. Now I can buy my first truck.

9. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

Bram, I watched your stream the other night and although I wasn't in to these types of sims I went out and found the game on G2A. Bagged a bargain for ATS with 2xDLC (Once they're released) for just £14.45.

For those that have never used G2A before I haven't had a problem with them over the last 3 years of buying stuff from them.

Screenshot of what I got with my purchase this morning.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. the dlc´s are free content anyways

11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Nice heads up, cheers Steve :)

On an unrelated note... Power & Glory 3 on Steam? Surely that's not the GTL mod is it?

12. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

It's a mod of of GTR2 or GTL I think, yes. I added it as a non steam game so I can launch it easily.

13. quicksilver384

quicksilver384

PnG is basically GTL being played on GTR2 iir.

14. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

Happy they put this truck out but would rather see more states released as the map is too small :(

15. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Truck Simulator is one of those weird games people play for no apparent reason :D

24 hour peak for ETS2 and ATS sums up to 29.400 players.
    That should be in the top 10 in Steam :D

16. Torcano

Torcano
    #21 MPB Clan Premium Member

To be fair, I'd be happier if they took some time with maps but put as much work into them as they did with the two states we got now which are lovely when compared to how bland and lifeless the vanilla map of ETS2 is. Trucks are as far as I know free content and the states will be paid content so I'd assume they will put a ton of effort into the maps to make them worth the money, so I'd say they might take a while longer. :p

17. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

Just purchased for £10.49 on cd keys. Used them for years never had a problem.

• Beer Beer x 1
  18. Toymoi

Toymoi
    Premium Member

The scs company, takes many updates even if it takes a long time the game on the market. With euro truck take many updates.

¿American Truck Simulator will have DirectX 12? They say nothing and when you least expect them, some surprises are saved. What about you know something?

Is it possible to advertise a web ?. If you see that it is wrong, blot out my message. I bought the key in instant gaming, 13.15€. In case anyone is interested.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  19. Steve Bird

Steve Bird

Nice find.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

*Hot on the heels.

Sorry to be 'that guy' but some of these front page articles need proof reading.