American Truck Sim Roswell Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC Roswell 2.jpg

Aliens! Aliens everywhere (and not the super fast kind). SCS Software have revealed some new images from the upcoming New Mexico DLC for American Truck Simulator.

SCS have been working for several months on the next big DLC map expansion for American Truck Simulator, and with New Mexico just around the corner the developers have revealed everyone's favourite UFO spotting town will be included! Introducing Roswell, alleged scene of the infamous 1947 Roswell Landings.

Showing a bit of a sense of humour alongside some awesome attention to detail, SCS have made an impressive job of recreating some the most iconic sections of this famous American town in the yet to be released New Mexico DLC expansion.

Sadly no date has yet been confirmed for when we will likely have access to the DLC, however once again the screenshots indicate that deployment to the public build of the game can't be far away now...

American Truck Simulator is a truck driving simulation from SCS Software, exclusive for PC.

American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC Roswell 1.jpg
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC Roswell 3.jpg
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC Roswell 4.jpg

Check out the American Truck Simulator sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest big riggin' news and discussions. Have a look at our downloads, join in with our community and get yourself some big old rig driving excitement!

Do you like the sounds of the New Mexico DLC for American Truck Simulator? Believe in aliens? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Alien cafés, and earlier we saw rockets (presumably from around the White Sands range).
Starting to get a little spacey over at SCS.
Can't be long until we get the option of strapping a couple of JATO pods to the trailer for those REALLY heavy loads. :D

Btw, that's a pretty vaguely worded question in the poll.
Do I believe there's intelligent life somewhere else in the universe? Yes.
The odds of it not being true are astronomical (pardon the pun).
Do I believe they run around abducting people, and mutilating cattle? Er....no. :D

Actually not too bad. The first three pictures look pretty darn close. I might be wrong, but the fourth picture of the UFO Center is from the TV series "Roswell" and it's not actually in Roswell, NM. I think it's part of the film lot in Covina, CA.

They`re getting better each dlc. Let´s hope for some new trucks ingame. The truck companies should all be like Scania in ETS2, as soon they have a new one, work is starting to get it ingame, with full scania support.:thumbsup:

'Believe in aliens'....
I have seen them too..
They claim to have blue blood..
Wear funny crowns on their heads..
Live in big dusty houses in London.
Paid for by the 'poor' people...
Giant ears is the sign...
Beware.

Actually not too bad. The first three pictures look pretty darn close. I might be wrong, but the fourth picture of the UFO Center is from the TV series "Roswell" and it's not actually in Roswell, NM. I think it's part of the film lot in Covina, CA.

Here's some real life photos I took in 2012 for comparison (we took a detour on our Route 66 trip). There is a UFO Museum and Research Center in Roswell, although it looks nothing like their image. My guess is that they would have to pay a licence to use the real Center and have used the TV version instead. The Alien HQ and 3rd Rock From The Sun images are spot on though :cool:
rsz_1sam_1431.jpg rsz_sam_1474.jpg rsz_sam_1476.jpg
I would expect them to include something of Santa Fe too.

Woke up this morning with light in my eyes
And then realized it was still dark outside
It was a light coming down from the sky
I don't know who or why

Must be those strangers that come every night
Those saucer shaped lights put people uptight
Leave blue green footprints that glow in the dark
I hope they get home alright

Hey, Mr. Spaceman
Won't you please take me along
I won't do anything wrong
Hey, Mr. Spaceman