American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 5.jpg

SCS Software have shared some nice insight into the development process of the upcoming New Mexico DLC for American Truck Simulator.

With a release pencilled in for later this year, SCS Software have started to slowly show off some of the new content due to be included in the New Mexico DLC package - the first map expansion for the sim since the popular Arizona release back in June 2016.

Although a public release is still some way in the future, SCS have revealed a batch of new screenshots from the game giving players an early indication as to some of the detail that has been lavished over this new area within the expanded American Truck Simulator environment.

Below SCS talk about some of the work and inspiration that have gone in to building specific areas due to be added within the upcoming New Mexico DLC:

"An important part of the in-game economy are the prefabs representing local industries. They should be visually recognizable and believable for gameplay to be fun. Prefabs are often represented by a typical building, special-purpose installation, or even a whole industrial complex. We focus on their realistic appearance and adjust them to fit perfectly into the surroundings. The team is doing their homework on research to make sure we take proper inspirations from relevant real industrial facilities as the basis for our work".

"Stone by stone, we piled gravel deposits to represent the location for the transport of bulk materials. It's made up of tons of raw materials, loaders, conveyors and other heavy machinery."

"The Intermodal Train Depot is a typical US transport hub for loading and unloading of entire trailers. These are then further transported by rail to save both fuel costs and fuel emissions to another node in the transportation network, before they reach their final destination by road again."

"Within the prefab intended for the food industry, we may have gotten a little carried away. We designed and implemented unique depots that will surprise you by their size. We were inspired by actual existing industrial facilities for production of cereals and dairy products. An important feature of those two objects represents separated locations for loading and unloading. The rear wing is used for supply of raw materials, the front one for distribution of finished products. This solution is designed according to the regulations for the transport of foodstuffs".

As can be evidenced by the attached images and also with the impressive track record held by SCS Software from previous truck simulation games and add on content, it looks as though New Mexico could well be one of the more detailed and impressive environments added to the franchise as the American Truck Simulation game continues to go from strength to strength.

American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 are PC exclusive driving games by SCS Software. Winners of two recent Steam Awards, both games are available to purchase right now.

American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 2.jpg
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 3.jpg
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 7.jpg
American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 8.jpg

Check out the American Truck Sim and European Truck Sim 2 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sims. We have a nice and growing mod section for ATS that you can check out, with new vehicles, maps and addon content it's well worth a check to see if something takes your fancy...

American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 1.jpg American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 4.jpg American Truck Sim New Mexico DLC 6.jpg

Looking forward to New Mexico for American Truck Sim? What other states would you like to see added next? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

James Cook

Marcas fan
Really looking forward to this. I love ATS but it needs new states to appear more frequently. I read that SCS has been hiring more people so hopefully this happens.

After New Mexico I'd like to see Utah and Colorado. That way the game would have a nice big square(ish) play area. Although Texas would be cool (and huge) with plenty of cities to explore. Also would be great to have Oregon and Washington so the entire stretch of the I-5 can be travelled from the Canadian to Mexican borders.

Really looking forward to this. I love ATS but it needs new states to appear more frequently. I read that SCS has been hiring more people so hopefully this happens.

After New Mexico I'd like to see Utah and Colorado. That way the game would have a nice big square(ish) play area. Although Texas would be cool (and huge) with plenty of cities to explore. Also would be great to have Oregon and Washington so the entire stretch of the I-5 can be travelled from the Canadian to Mexican borders.

They have been focusing on mostly empty states. Providing something like a Texas or any state with significant population and variation in topography is a ton of work, especially now that the re-scale has occurred.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.2%
  • €3001-5000