1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amateur motorsport in Holland

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Remigiusz Zetkowski, Feb 3, 2015.

1. AFAIK, there are a few Dutch drivers at RD so maybe someone will be able to help me :) I would like to enter amateur motorsport (probably rally, it's cheaper I think) but I have no idea, where to look for any information (I know about KNAF, but with little help from translator I was not able to find anything interesting...). In Poland there are very cheap rallies for amateurs where you can use your everyday-use car, the only requirement is a helmet:

Does anyone have any tips, advice?
  2. In belgium we have something called autocross. Basicly its a bunch of amateurs plowing trough a field with a stripped down roadcar. They have few rules considering the car the main ones are that u must wear a helmey and that there must be some form of rollover protection ( mostly a woodrn beam from floor to roof is sufficient). U might check this link. http://www.autocrossnederland.nl/

I think this is the cheapest way into amateur racing.
  3. If u want i can translate some off the site and some info for you in english. But cant do it on my phone so u might have to wait till tommorow.
  4. I forgot to add that I've heard about autocross from my friend, but I'm looking more into driving on tarmac than completely on a field :) I don't want to believe that there are no basic level rallies for beginners.
  5. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck
    Premium Member

Here's how we Autocross across the pond.

6. @Gary Horneck Something like would be perfect, but in Netherlands autocross looks like this: