AL's Special FX

Misc AL's Special FX 2.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
ArmedLightning submitted a new resource:

AL's Special FX - Improved rainscreen animation, dust, smoke, fire, etc.

Al's Special FX - The purpose of this mod is to re-visit some of the vanilla effects and textures of GTR 2 and elevate them (within reason) to a higher standard. I offer no guarantees of performance. If it runs good on my machine, then it's good enough. Please note the following details. The cap on the number of frames available for the rainscreen animation has been raised from 10 to 60 if using the Extra-Anim option (method included in How-To folder for anyone curious). Unfortunately, this...

Read more about this resource...

"Installation:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contents of the "02A} Extra Anim - INSTALL" folder need to be placed inside the
"GTR2 -> GameData -> Teams" folder. Likewise, all selected .DDS files are to be
placed inside the "Teams" folder
. (...)"

Sorry for bother... but its not much clear, since there are several folders with textures about RAIN_...something . These DDS are those are inside 02B (Extra Anims) folder ???...

Is a bit confuse...

ArmedLightning updated AL's Special FX with a new update entry:

AL's Special FX v2.6

A long time coming... Re-worked RAIN_ANIM effects and pared down some options. I'm no longer interested in maintaining the 10fr version. It's always a compromise with quality and I find myself never using it. However, a tweaked version of the default 10fr version has been included eliminating the variable frame-rate in order to complement GTR233's "HQ Mods Collection". Included compatibility for P&G3, 2005 FIA GT. Custom 4K skydomes which improve transitions between time-of-day/cloud...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I really like your night sky : I noticed you used the same map for the 3 regions, could you make variations like a bit more clouds for north and no clouds at all for south (stars only) please ?
Is it based on real constellation or are white dots randomized with math algorythm ?

I really like your night sky : I noticed you used the same map for the 3 regions, could you make variations like a bit more clouds for north and no clouds at all for south (stars only) please ?
Is it based on real constellation or are white dots randomized with math algorythm ?

Star placement is based on an algorithm. Fortunately, it's real easy to randomize skies as it's based on a Filter Forge preset I had started working on for the update. The night skies are where I want them to be, but the other times of day (clouds) are still needing some work. I'm trying to keep the rendering performance reasonable. I'll generate some more night skies and send you a PM for the link when it's up. I expect you to use them in HQ Mods!

Last edited:

AL's Special FX v2.6.4

Been a while... Trying to get up to speed with GTR233's changes. Wiper animations aren't supported at this time. I've tried making many of my resources available to Paul in the event he pushes another HQ Anniversary patch. Daytime, sunrise, sunset, and nighttime skies replaced with a select mix of both 6e660's rFactor skydomes (cgtextures.com - AI upscaled), complementary versions from 3DTotal, and Stellarium. Replaced previous RAINDROP options in favor of a much-improved version. Likewise...

AL's Special FX v2.6.5

Holy smokes! Last update was a disaster. Broke a ton of models in 3DSimED due to a misunderstanding of "frequency" under the animation tree -- "Frequency is the delay in seconds between the frames." Except that it's not! I suppose that's what happens you've been away for a while and forget some steps. :unsure: Apologies for the inconvenience. Anyway, things should be working as intended. As far as changes go... Changed the texture map name to EX_RAIN_ANIM in the model data to prevent...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back