F1 2013 AI Too Hard in F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
In all the previous versions 2010, 2011 and 2012, I used to play in Career Mode with Professional AI skills and I used to easily win the Championships. In 2013, I started Career with Professonal AIs and in Melbourne with Williams, I was 10 seconds behind Vettel. Changing AIs skill to Amature, I was 4 seconds behind Vettel. Is anybody having the same problem? Will that be a bug issue?

I have only tried it once in Grand Prix mode in the FW14B, given that it's too OP compared to the rest of the field, the third setting was quite easy for me in Suzuka. I blitz through the field in the first corner.

Though I do agree that they're extremely aggressive compared to before

I think this has to do with G27 pedals feedback. You who have it is actually playing with aid on against us who don't have that.

Actually, the G27 pedals are pretty much crap. Only the DFGT pedals are worse. Thrustmaster pedals are better. Fanatec pedals are better. G27 is a low or mid range wheel, it's nothing shiny and amazing. You could be right, but I don't think the pedals give me any advantage. This is why I am planning on changing them. :D

China, f1 2010,11,12: Always fighting for pole on legand AI

China, f1 2013: Got knocked out in Q1 in Lotus with Legand AI... No matter what I do I can't go faster than 1.39.6XX.. I got that time with prime, than changed to option, but can not get faster than that no matter what,,,

Either the AI is very good att this track, or I just really need to practice in f1 2013..

China, f1 2010,11,12: Always fighting for pole on legand AI

China, f1 2013: Got knocked out in Q1 in Lotus with Legand AI... No matter what I do I can't go faster than 1.39.6XX.. I got that time with prime, than changed to option, but can not get faster than that no matter what,,,

Either the AI is very good att this track, or I just really need to practice in f1 2013..
I'll go for practice cause the AI isn't that good. Yes it's better than last year but deffinitelly not impossible.

Actually, the G27 pedals are pretty much crap. Only the DFGT pedals are worse. Thrustmaster pedals are better. Fanatec pedals are better. G27 is a low or mid range wheel, it's nothing shiny and amazing. You could be right, but I don't think the pedals give me any advantage. This is why I am planning on changing them. :D
Simply stating the obvious. No matter if a simulation or a real car, we drive by feedback. The first massive difference is the the lack of G-force feedback in a simulation compare to a real car. I drive by wheel feedback only, you drive by wheel and pedal feedback (sim speaking) so there;s your advantage. The product quality is a totally different matter. And it has both hardware and software (driver + sim) components. In other words the better feedback = better control = faster driving.

Speedwise, I find this a bit to easy. 4 laps of practice, 1 run in qual. And I ended 16th with my Marussia on Legend.
However, it comes at a cost with my driving style. I cannot get the tyres to last long enough, so I usually struggle in the races. Kinda like that!

Simply stating the obvious. No matter if a simulation or a real car, we drive by feedback. The first massive difference is the the lack of G-force feedback in a simulation compare to a real car. I drive by wheel feedback only, you drive by wheel and pedal feedback (sim speaking) so there;s your advantage. The product quality is a totally different matter. And it has both hardware and software (driver + sim) components. In other words the better feedback = better control = faster driving.

I don't get where are you coming from. Are you with a pad or something? I thought you're just with a lower grade wheel. If so, go watch Noble. He beats everybody with a very funny wheel for 10$. And if you are with a pad, don't expect to be matching wheel people. It's F1, it's not NFS. Such games just cannot be played without the precision the wheel gives you. :)

Honestly..the AI is so much better. I like that they are aggressive...I got pushed in canada by the AI which brought a smile to my face. Although..they can be still more quicker and a bit more aggressive IMO. I am racing at pro difficulty and I can still manage 5th place in a toro rosso.

I found that if you use flashbacks...u can make the AI crash as they are unable to brake sufficiently before crashing into one of the barriers in monaco. It really only becomes a issue when you enable 99 flashbacks as eventually almost all cars retire. I started at 21 in F1 2012 and as I kept using flashbacks...at the end of the 25% race, I was the last one out of 3 cars that were left. lol!

Mhm just finished first race at Melbourne on pro difficulty.. Ended 1st with a gap of 1 minute to P2, the rest of the field was either DNF or lapped by me (only 11 cars finished the race o.O.
Tomorrow I will try legend to see if they are harder.. at the moment the AI is way too slow.

Just completed the first 5 scenarios (2013 cars) and it took me 30 minutes (I first completed 2 of them on bronze since I didn't see that I simply need to change difficulty, I thought it's about finishing first :redface:) to get a gold medal in all 5 of them...:O_o:

Honestly..the AI is so much better. I like that they are aggressive...I got pushed in canada by the AI which brought a smile to my face. Although..they can be still more quicker and a bit more aggressive IMO. I am racing at pro difficulty and I can still manage 5th place in a toro rosso.
Legend plays will be a bit more difficult and more exciting

my g27 definately doesn't have feedback pedals....and tbh its harder to drive with FFB even though I prefer it.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%