1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI Tire Fall Off Improvements?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Aaron Markham, Nov 28, 2014.

1. After running several 50% distant races in DTM 2014 I've noticed the AI's tire fall off is more extreme than the players. I run the AI at 111% & it gives me a great battle for all but the last 5 or 6 laps. My races tend to go like this. I usually qualify in the top 10, then I fight as hard as I can to stay in the top 12 the first 5 laps of the race. Then the AI will fall off a little due to tire wear & I can usually gain a couple spots before the mandatory pitstop. After the mandatory pitstop (lap 12 or 13) the AI & I are hard at it once again but I've noticed the last 4 or 5 laps they REALLY fall off. At Hockenheim I went from 8th to 2nd in the final 4 laps of the race. I was 5 seconds behind 1st place with 4 laps to go & we were 3 wide for the win at the finish. Same thing happned in terms of tire fall off at Oschersleben & the Nurburgring. I have no complaints what so ever with the AI's racing behaviour. There are incredible to race with. I enjoy racing with the AI more than the actual people on iRacing if that tells you anything. @Jay Ekkel @Sonat Ozturk
  2. Interesting observation. Never did such a long race so can't confirm, all i can say is I didn't really notice any AI's fall of when running -+20 minutes races. All I noticed was me picking up the pace all the way in the stint.