Resource icon

Misc AI performance change, less rain in dynamic weather, optional reverse track order career 5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
driveroz247 submitted a new resource:

Reverse track order for full career mode and different tracks for short career - Reverses the order of tracks raced in career mode and other tweaks to AI and weather

This mod will allow you to play the full career mode tracks in reverse order. Season will start with Abu Dhabi race and end in Australia, all tracks through the season will be in reverse order to the 2014 season.

Other changes to game:
  1. The 7 tracks in the short career mode have now been changed to be the 7 tracks which are not raced in the medium length career mode.
  2. Maximum of 3 safety car deployments per race now as most tracks were originally only set to deploy one safety car...

Read more about this resource...

I like the driver changes and condition changes, but don't like the track reversal bit. Could you maybe make two versions or split this database mod so to speak? a part with just the track order and a part with just the driver and condition changes?

I like the driver changes and condition changes, but don't like the track reversal bit. Could you maybe make two versions or split this database mod so to speak? a part with just the track order and a part with just the driver and condition changes?
Track order change is very easy
Open Database Editor and check for track_model table
in that find the type of career and change their numbers

That's probably not a bad idea.

I can release an second updated database file with just the AI and dynamic weather updates, leaving out the reversed track order in career and changed short career schedule for those who don't want to play reversed track order in career.

Give me a day or so.

Tried with RBR and Yeah Daniel is Giving run for my Money in Aus and as you noted AI is performing exactly , Thanks for the mod :):thumbsup:

That's good to hear Kartik.

The only thing I need to work out now is to how to stop the Williams cars from making an extra pit stop on some of the tracks, which may throw their results out a little. Other than that, their qualifying pace and race pace is up there with the Mercedes and Red Bulls.

On top of that, I may try to decrease the ability of Magnussen just a little. I think that I may have made him a little bit better in races than he actually should be.

That's probably not a bad idea.

I can release an second updated database file with just the AI and dynamic weather updates, leaving out the reversed track order in career and changed short career schedule for those who don't want to play reversed track order in career.

Give me a day or so.
Sweet, I'll patiently wait :)

That's good to hear Kartik.

The only thing I need to work out now is to how to stop the Williams cars from making an extra pit stop on some of the tracks, which may throw their results out a little. Other than that, their qualifying pace and race pace is up there with the Mercedes and Red Bulls.

On top of that, I may try to decrease the ability of Magnussen just a little. I think that I may have made him a little bit better in races than he actually should be.
Adjust tire wear a bit more
I have to test more races but i feel still Merc is reachable Can you make them even more stronger Quite frankly unless Merc drivers underperformed they get 1-2 on Sat and Sun quite easily

Adjust tire wear a bit more
I have to test more races but i feel still Merc is reachable Can you make them even more stronger Quite frankly unless Merc drivers underperformed they get 1-2 on Sat and Sun quite easily

You mean something like what happened in this race I did where Rosberg and Hamilton actually took each other out (I actually drove past the incident in my race and I :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:). Now that's realism for you.;)

2582b01.jpg

driveroz247 updated Reverse track order for full career mode and different tracks for short career with a new update entry:

Reverse track order for career and different tracks in short career, AI and dynamic weather changes

Update for version 2.0

Change log:
  1. Tweaked performance of McLaren, Red Bull and Williams (all slightly slower than version 1.0). This is because Red Bull and Williams were at a similar level to Mercedes in version 1.0, but in real life should be at a slightly lower level.
  2. Tweaked the stats for Rosberg (slightly faster now), and Magnussen (performance should be slightly less now).
  3. Reduced front and rear tyre wear levels for Williams cars. They were too high, higher than all...

Read the rest of this update entry...

driveroz247 updated Reverse track order for full career mode and different tracks for short career with a new update entry:

Reverse track order for full career mode and different tracks for short career

Version 2.1

This is the same as version 2.0 only without track reversal in full career mode. It still contains the 7 different track for short career mode and all the same tweaks and updates for the AI from version 2.0 of this mod.

If you want to install this mod and play with the full career mode track calendar reversal, please go to the version update tab of this resource and download version 2.0

Thanks for the updated track order does this go in the database folder? Cant wait to test this! Do recommend a fresh profile for this mod? Plus i know this is a long shot but is there anything you can do about slowing cars down a fraction when they run off the track onto the grass. My example being the first corner in Melbourne ai love to overtake going two wide and running over the grass and then they get the inside line and better traction round corner 2 and up the second drs zone just to add insult to injury. Which is stupid!

Last edited:
Thanks for the updated track order does this go in the database folder? Cant wait to test this! Do recommend a fresh profile for this mod? Plus i know this is a long shot but is there anything you can do about slowing cars down a fraction when they run off the track onto the grass. My example being the first corner in Melbourne ai love to overtake going two wide and running over the grass and then they get the inside line and better traction round corner 2 and up the second drs zone just to add insult to injury. Which is stupid!

Yes qbm, this does indeed go into the database folder and you'll need to create a fresh new profile once you install this mod.

Believe me, if I could figure out a way to slow down cars when they run off the track and onto the grass I definitely would change it. It is a little silly like this, I agree, but the F1 games from codies have always been like this.

I am going to submit one more planned update for this mod (much larger and many more files than the original mod) sometime later today or in the next couple of days. This will be my final update to this mod which should then be complete, unless I get some feedback that something is not working correctly or needs changing.

The update will be for both the track reversal database and the original track order database. It will only be small changes to AI and a complete update to dynamic weather in this mod.

driveroz247 updated AI performance change, less rain in dynamic weather, optional reverse track order career with a new update entry:

AI performance change, less rain in dynamic weather, optional reverse track order career

3rd and final version of this mod (unless otherwise necessary to make a change).

This is version 3.0. Version 3.1 will be uploaded shortly with the tracks from the F1 2014 calendar in the correct order.

This version is the optional version where you can play your career in reverse track order, where you start your career seasons in Abu Dhabi and finish in Australia, the calendar is in the exact reverse order to the normal F1 2014 calendar.

Changes made to...

driveroz247 updated AI performance change, less rain in dynamic weather, optional reverse track order career with a new update entry:

AI performance change, less rain in dynamic weather, optional reverse track order career

This is version 3.1 of this mod, which contains the same updates as version 3.0 (see version 3.0 description for updates). The only difference with this version 3.1 is that the optional reverse track order in full length career mode is removed from this version and replaced by the normal track order found in F1 2014 for full length career. All the rest remains the same.

Please see version 3.0 in the update history tab of this mod to view all updates made to the mod and installation...

Apologies and sorry for having to do this again guys and gals, but I did find a few inconsistencies in the version 3.0 and 3.1 databases I released in terms of car and driver performances. They have now been corrected and tested (test result pics to follow with the release of versions 4.0/4.1). Also, the dynamic weather wet/dry ratio by sessions has also been improved since the last release, as there were still a little too many wet sessions after I ran a test.

So, if you've downloaded the latest versions, there will be another version to follow tomorrow, which has now been tested and been found to be working as it should. New screenshots will also follow with the release of versions 4.0 and 4.1 showing how much the weather system and AI results have been optimised and now very accurately match real world F1 results and tables.

So hang in there and be patient guys, the *final* complete version will indeed follow tomorrow. I would suggest to wait until you install versions 4.0 and 4.1 of the database before playing with this mod. It's just a database update you will still need the tod.xml files from the version 3.0 or 3.1 download, they haven't changed and still need to be added to the game. And when you install this database update in versions 4.0/4.1, you will be able to continue playing in GP mode as previously, but you may need to restart career.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back