• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

AI penalized for track cutting?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Azfalt Raser, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC

Ratings:
    +196
    Was curious. Anyone know if Raceroom AI gets penalized for track cutting? Or supposed too?

2. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +109
    Actually I have seen penalties for the AI, but that was a long time ago, I'm not sure whether it's still enabled right now.

3. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +398
    AI don´t get penalties because there not programmed to cut ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,379
    They don't.
    They tried it in an earlier build, but the AI isn't really capable of navigating both other cars and staying clear of track-limits.
    Personally, I always turn off track-limits and damage when racing against the AI.

In that case, they've figured it out on their own, the sneaky buggers. :D
    Try running GTR3s at Spa, and see how many of them take Eau Rouge, Blanchimont and Pouhon correctly. :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser
    DC

Ratings:
    +196
    EXACTLY!
    I was at spa in gt3. I put 2 wheels off on the left curb of Eau Rouge and got slow down penalty.
    ****edit*****oops....maybe it was alittle more than just 2 wheels ;)

The AI car was 1.5 car widths over the white line....
    Then, it crossed the curb on the right of Radillion (whole car)
    No penalty.

video here

But I was serving my slow down when that same car punted me off track.:cry:

I find it funny that AI has so much grip, but can't stay within track limits. :laugh:
    In one corner, AI outbraked me while on the grass.:O_o:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 1