AI not as per real life!!!!!!! Driving me crazy!

Guys please someone tell me how to fix it so the AI runs how it would do in real life?...Been desperate to run the 1988 F1 season yet every race there is eithera Eurobrun or a Minardi on pole and Senna or Prost or Mansell etc all start in various positions!!!!!

Please advise!

Thanks

Max

Guys please someone tell me how to fix it so the AI runs how it would do in real life?...Been desperate to run the 1988 F1 season yet every race there is eithera Eurobrun or a Minardi on pole and Senna or Prost or Mansell etc all start in various positions!!!!!

Please advise!
The modder needed to include a Talent RCD file which includes the drivers and their specific speed, aggression & other attributes which helps solve this issue!

Last edited:
I did some further investigating with tests and the good news is the Author did include a Talent file but it's not working thus the reason for your poor results!

Note: Whenever i make a Talent file i always add it in the car's MAS file which harbors the HDV and Engine files thus it always worked for me as intended. The Author added the Talent REC file in it's own separate directory called Talent and it's located outside of the car mod and perhaps it's location once worked but since all the updates and the new UI it may be a reason why it's no longer working!

PS. I'll attempt to fix the Talent and message you if successful but need to first finish my AIW for CROFT in which it had severe issues for it's rolling & fast rolling starts along with some additional corridor editing to help limit the T1 thru T3 accidents and improve a few troubled areas in the fast line.

Last edited:

Please advise!

Thanks

Max
Completed my F1 1988 Talent with great success & used the Final 1988 Championship standings! I did many test qualifies on various track types. Works great so let me know if you're still interested. :)

Last edited:
Several weeks of my life doing hundreds of AI adjustments and tests to bring the field to a more realistic perspective compared to their real-life standings! There will be some Ai variances because of the AIRange=(0.1000) setting in every track's AIW but this is a good thing when you compare variances in real-life racing!

Last edited:
I'll make my F1 1988 Talent update available for download in the rF2 Misc section so click on the link below. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea