AI Modding question

Hello,
I've come to notice that sometimes AI fall a lap down randomly due to timing issues with convert tracks. This is a problem I can deal with - however what I can't deal with, and what seems to plague most non-stock content, is the ai's behaviour under blue flags. Braking in the middle of turns and causing pileups etc.
If anyone has any tips on fixing this, as well as disabling blue flags (I tried turning off flag rules and that didn't work) for oval races, i'd love to know! I use single race mode for ai races.

Hello,
I've come to notice that sometimes AI fall a lap down randomly due to timing issues with convert tracks. This is a problem I can deal with - however what I can't deal with, and what seems to plague most non-stock content, is the ai's behaviour under blue flags. Braking in the middle of turns and causing pileups etc.
If anyone has any tips on fixing this, as well as disabling blue flags (I tried turning off flag rules and that didn't work) for oval races, i'd love to know! I use single race mode for ai races.

Most of the time this is due to inadequate AIW path programming. The secondary paths are either badly done or non-existent. In these cases, the blue flag-respecting card do their business right on the racing line or in inappropriate places.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.