AI driving in ones car is 4 sec faster than regular AI?

So I tried a WEC-like race, "changing" drivers after a stint. In Automobilista, there is this button to instantly let an AI car drive your car. I wanted it to take control after the pitstops and regain control after the next one. Problem is: This AI driver is unbelivable fast. I let him drive a quali run, it was almost 4 seconds faster than the regular AI cars (around Spa, AI difficulty 90). Is this AI on a permanent difficulty level or is there a file I can change it to be able to race properly?

Just for grins, I did some searching on this but I came up empty for any specific info on how to make a talent file for your own personal AI when you have the computer take over your car.

If you haven’t already found them, the AI talent files are located in …\GameData\Talent\[SeriesName] . They are small, simple plain text files so they should be pretty easy to experiment with. IMO, the three specific questions to answer for creating your own personal AI talent file would be:
1) Where do you place the file?
2) What is the specific syntax for naming the file?
3) What is the specific syntax for the full name on the first line of the file?

The reasons for questions 2) and 3) are that the syntaxes may have to exactly match another value entered elsewhere in your player profile or game installation directory.

FWIW I disagree with Marco’s assessment that a talent file won’t matter. If…and it’s a big if… a talent file can indeed be associated with your own personal AI, then the “Speed=” entry in the talent file would seem to be exactly what’s needed for the desired outcome.

Well, it is certainly worth a try, but I believe that a talent file does not actually work for the AI that is driving the player's car.

BUT it is a few years since I tried this and lots of changes have been made to the code so I'd be very happy to be wrong.

BTW, when you name the file, it must be the same as the driver name in the car veh file.
So if the driver is Nigel Mansell, the file must be called NigelMansell.rcd (with no space).
And the name inside the rcd file must also be Nigel Mansell (with space).

Hope that helps a bit

The other alternative to try is to remove all the talent files for that particular car set, which would cause them all to drive at the default pace, and maybe then they will all drive with the same ability as the player's AI. I never tried this option as I wanted some variation in the pace of all the cars.

Just for grins, I did some searching on this but I came up empty for any specific info on how to make a talent file for your own personal AI when you have the computer take over your car.

If you haven’t already found them, the AI talent files are located in …\GameData\Talent\[SeriesName] . They are small, simple plain text files so they should be pretty easy to experiment with. IMO, the three specific questions to answer for creating your own personal AI talent file would be:
1) Where do you place the file?
2) What is the specific syntax for naming the file?
3) What is the specific syntax for the full name on the first line of the file?

The reasons for questions 2) and 3) are that the syntaxes may have to exactly match another value entered elsewhere in your player profile or game installation directory.

FWIW I disagree with Marco’s assessment that a talent file won’t matter. If…and it’s a big if… a talent file can indeed be associated with your own personal AI, then the “Speed=” entry in the talent file would seem to be exactly what’s needed for the desired outcome.

Well if the AI Strenght for the track is not set correctly than this scenario can happen, the speed entry can make difference between 2-4 seconds depends on track but in his case he would need to make all AI on 1% speed to close the 4 seconds gap.

if he would change from 90% AI Strenght to maybe 105% then the AI is same fast then his Computer controlled driver.

So to change the AI Talent File will not fix that problem, the only solution would be to find an entry to let his Computer controlled Car force it also drive on 90%

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.