After 1.3 sometimes missing down-shift ?

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
I've noticed since 1.3 that I often miss 3rd gear when trying to shift down from 4th with sequential ( Paddles or stick ) ?
The gear stays in 4th and I have to shift again to get down to 3rd.

No problems with this in Dirt Rally

Anyone else having this problem ?

So some say it's helpful, some say it isn't. ( Rui, you are still questioning you AC ban? )
But no one gets into the point of being in the appropriate gear at turn in, and how this can be achieved differently to h&t.

Lol, don't come with that friend, i was just trying to be funny, in fact who says that gearbox isn't helpful when you're racing? A race instructor? I'm sorry but that's impossible... if it's just a driving instructor maybe i accept...

Lol, don't come with that friend, i was just trying to be funny, in fact who says that gearbox isn't helpful when you're racing? A race instructor? I'm sorry but that's impossible... if it's just a driving instructor maybe i accept...
I woudln`t accept that driving istructor either :) next he will tell you that going in neutral down hill is good thing and you even save fuel also do that to roll to traffic lights when red is on :)

Engine braking can be used with or without downshift protection (dsp). What dsp brings is that you need to use more your brake pedal to get into the accepted (safe) rpm to downshift. Without dsp you can downshift faster one gear after the other and thus use less the braking pedal. And with dsp you need to use more the b-pedal as there is more time between each gear on the downshift, because the car doesn't accept the lower gear unless you're in safe rpm.

Engine braking would be more useful without DSP, as you can downshift quicker, and the time impact of engine braking would be in small amounts. But with the rpm protection, engine braking takes more time to lower your speed than if you'd use your brake pedal to slow down during the downshifting. It takes more time because you need more time to wait for the safe rpm to perform the gear change.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back