1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affordable car by EAP3D

Discussion in 'Racer' started by EAP3D, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Hi guys, I have switched usernames a lot but you might remember me as the stig's 3D modeling cousin who makes wheels and textures for Harey or as the guy who never finished an Audi R8 and a Gordon Keeble.

Whatever the case, I am here to make an affordable car for ze contest.
    So far, all I've got is a sketch. Guess I'll throw it up. Went through about 15 pages of sketches and finally made one I was alright with. Modeling commences tomorrow!

Car is going to have 4-seats, 3-doors, fwd, 1.6l 4 cylinder front-mounted engine and as of yet unknown proportions

Still trying to decide whether to use blender or rhino. :<

P.S. if an admin can move this into WIP cars I'd be happy - accidentally posted it here.

Attached Files:

2. wow.

3. +1

That looks fantastic.

4. Looks like it's a pro job :)

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Yeah, totally, that's really amazing!

6. I would like to see some further development of this concept, keep up the good work.

p.s. I know I'm not the only TD/ID guy who likes racer! Would you like to show us another slice of your folio? :)

Colin

7. It's mostly here:
    http://bananasplit1.deviantart.com/gallery/
    ^^

8. Rhino is a hard-tool

9. well your not really making wheels or textures for me now lol, since you showed me how to bake textures in blender :p

and yes the car looks nice, will look better once you've modeled it

10. But powerful

11. Very talented! Considering u are at such young age.

Rhino is not that hard if you are dealing with Alias, which is a real pain in the ass...

Seriously, with some proper tuning and polishing, Racer can be used as a great animation tool specially designed for TD presentation, ( even transfering the replay data into another 3d app for rigging).

12. I've been thinking about using CryEngine 3 for that actually =)
    I made some cars work for CryEngine 2
    only downside is that there were no real time environment mapping, so I had to make an environment map for any environment otherwise the reflections would be off. And if it drove too far away then they'd be off again

13. Cryengine, IMO , works better with character animation. So far the best non-professional tool for producing vheicle animation I have ever laid my hand on is Trackmania. It comes with great GUI and sleek camera control. But it doesn't have rt envmap either, so I am now looking forward to TM2. -)

14. If only we had the engine GT5 uses for PC!

15. We all know that sony won't let go of it even it went bankrupt. -)