Adjustment of 3 monitors

For some time I tried to adjust my screen with the "Multiview" option checked and I had trouble adjusting to all this, I do not quite understand the Field Of View. I browsed several forums looking for information required to determine the angle between the 3 monitors but without success!
Some guys placed a few monitors at 40 °, 45 °, 50 °, 90 °! but without explanation
Today, I tried to understand the perspective of the "multiview" and I did a sketch of my reasoning and my understanding.

here is :
Monitor setup.jpg
Monitor setup.jpg

Naturally, it is the F.O.V. horizontal, here is for the vertical:

h = height of the monitor
d = distance between you and the monitor

fov_vert. = (arcTan((h * 0.5)/d))*2

if you have any suggestions or questions, do not hesitate!

I have not tried it yet because I will not be home for a few days, but very confident about it working.

update,
After some research I found a website that explains very well the FOV. So my calculation above is more focused on the camera angle of the game then the FOV. The fov should remain at 60°, equivalent focus to the human eye.
here is the link:
http://artsygamer.com/fov-in-games/

The player's FOV:
In HL2 the player's vertical Field of View is set to 75 degrees by default. Screen settings appearance ratios are Achieved by Expanding horizontal field of vision, not by cropping the top and bottom portions of the image the. Malthus, the player Will see more of the picture When using a widescreen aspect ratio than 4:3 When using standard.
You can change this value in two ways:
By changing the variable console fov. (This is flagged as a cheat.)
By using the map env_zoom entity.

Perspective distortion:
Wider FOVs Introduce more perspective distortion into a picture, Whereas small FOVs tends to flatten perspective. The distortion is Caused by Projecting (spherical) optical geometry onto a flat screen - that's why IMAX Dome screens are curved. Like all optical artifacts, perspective distortion is much more noticeable than in still pictures in the moving images of FPS gameplay. For making more cinematic screenshots, use a smaller FOV and a larger camera-object distance.

Theoretically, an optically proper perspective can be Obtained by matching the camera's angle of view to the angle betweens the Player's eye and the edges of the picture on His screen. Obviously this angle varies According to the actual size of the Player's screen and how far away from the screen Actually he is sitting. Most players Will Be sitting close to a fairly small screen and unconsciously move Their head position to Obtain the most comfortable perspective. HOWEVER, if using an unusually wide screen (eg Overhead Projection) a suitable seat position can be calculated with:

viewer distance = (screenwidth) / (2 * tan (FOV / 2))

so where the horizontal FOV is 75 degrees:

viewer distance = (screenwidth * 0.652)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play