Adjustable rear wing flap - "The FIA... will be able to tune the way races unfold"

I just read an article about the adjustable rear wing flap coming next year. It continues the trend of driver-operated aero-devices and it will hopefully increase the number of overtakes without reducing the pace. However I also noticed a quote from FIA Technical Consultant Tony Purnell:

"The FIA... will be able to tune the way races unfold"

Does this mean Ferrari will dominate next year? :D

Personally I don't like the idea of active devices and I feel that overtakes should come naturally. But I guess we are past that era in F1. How about reducing overall downforce? Whats your thoughts?

I just read an article about the adjustable rear wing flap coming next year. It continues the trend of driver-operated aero-devices and it will hopefully increase the number of overtakes without reducing the pace. However I also noticed a quote from FIA Technical Consultant Tony Purnell:

"The FIA... will be able to tune the way races unfold"

Does this mean Ferrari will dominate next year? :D

Personally I don't like the idea of active devices and I feel that overtakes should come naturally. But I guess we are past that era in F1. How about reducing overall downforce? Whats your thoughts?

I agree with you on only reducing the overall downforce and the aerodynamics to the minimum will increase the overtaking chances.

What I don't understand is what that sentence means...

We've had some of the most exciting racing in years this season alone. Why do the FIA have to keep changing the rules year in year out? In my opinion, F1 is fine the way it is now... no need to change anything.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.