Adjust braking points of AI?

Hi,
is there a possibility to adjust the braking points of AI. I think the AI behaviour is really great in gsc 2013, but on some tracks, the braking points infront of corners of AI are a bit early. i don't know if it's depending on the ai level or only on certain tracks, but it would be great if there is a value somewhere in the config of the tracks which allow to customize the braking point.

i found a value "AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)" in the .aiw file of every track. could this be an indicator for the general braking points of the track?

or is there another possiblity to adjust the general braking points of AI for every track?

There are some settings in the plr files as well which might be more successful.
They alter the brake and cornering grip, but I am not sure if they work as they may be over-ridden by hdv values, which we cannot see. But it is worth trying them, they are more likely to work than brake stiffness I think.

Last edited:
Indeed, you might be correct. Found this post on another site:

It is true the AI brake late on some corners on certain tracks, anyone can brake real late into a corner and just make the apex but are like snails coming off the corner, braking so late is only effective if you can still hit the apex in and out of the corner and keep your car stable through the corner, there is a setting in the AIW file of each track called AIBrakingStiffness, if set at 1.0000, 1.0000, 1.0000 or something similar, that allows the AI to brake as late as possible for the shortest amount of time, if you lower those settings which relate to front, four or rear wheel drive cars you can make the AI brake earlier and for longer, it is recommended not to go lower than 0.6000 so i set mine at around 0.7500 to 0.8500, it does seem to help.

So set all 3 values to 1.0000 perhaps, if you want, and test, and post the results :)

thanks for your answers. i just played a bit with the "AIBrakingStiffness" values and put every value to 1.0. unfortunately i didn't recognize any change in braking behaviour of ai. for testing i changed every value to 2.0 and 4.0 but with the same result, no change. maybe the highest value is 1.0 for these 3 parameters. if yes, the maximum is nearly reached with 1.0,1.0,0.9. so there could be a small difference by increasing every value to 1.0, but i didn't recognize it.

i just tested it on one track and only 3 laps each time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back