1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addon Tracks not showing in Time Trial track menu

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by David Hudson, Oct 14, 2016.

1. I've installed the Megapack Tracks addins into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Locations directory and these tracks are available for selection in the "Single Race" and "Test Day" modes of operations under the "Addon Tracks" section.

When I go into "Time Trial" the "Addon Tracks" section does not appear. I have the same issue with the "Le Mans" track under the ".: World Endurance Chanpionship :." section.

I have run the Steam Validate files mechanism and this says it is all ok.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there is a fix for this issue?

2. Only the official AMS tracks will be available in Time Trial.
  3. Ok, thanks. So I guess I have done nothing wrong here.

Just out of interest, what is the reason for this?
  4. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa
    Premium Member

The contract Reiza did with ISI does not allow mod support.
  5. So should I have bought the game direct instead of through steam?
  6. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa
    Premium Member

It doesn't make any diference. For time trial you have to keep with stock content. Even if you don't know any of the tracks it is worth a try, they are really fun.
  7. Funnily enough, if i set one of these tracks in one of the other modes then it defaults when I go into Time Trial mode. So I can do it but the time is not saved.
  8. fortyfivekev

Premium Member

Copyright issues and mod restrictions may be the "official" reasons for this but I would think there are also some practical reasons why time trials for mod tracks wouldn't work very well. Reiza have built-in some anti-cheat measures for their own tracks but for mod tracks it would be hard to deal with people using different versions or just altering things like track grip, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1