add layout

Hello everyone! I just finished my first track with BTB, I would add
another piece (such as "short" and "long"), but not clear to me, how.
Does anybody know give me an advice?

Im guessing you'd like to add another route joined via an intersection(s) to your original lay-out....?
If so, this is how I'd go about it...
1.Back-up your original & work from that.
2.Create the new road you have envisioned in place over the current lay-out.
3.When happy with that, use terrain tool>Shape>Select Nodes Tool & select Nodes of terrain that are no longer needed & use the Delete button on your keyboard.
4.Join the intersections following R Soul's awesome tutorial; http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/merge.rar
5.Create more terrain & join it all up then save.

NOW, say there's 2 route variations original & modified, hopefully the AIW from the previous work is still there & intact/unmolested (Sometimes it can become corrupted so best check)
1.Save the latest work twice with slightly different names eg; Butchered Track 1a & Butchered Track 1b with corresponding difference in your Export listing...
2.Open 2nd track & open AIW Tool.
3.Turn off all Driveline>Centerline options except Show Centerline*.
4.In 2D overhead view grab the control points & place them around the track as desired & if you run out of control points hold Ctrl key & click away making sure to keep them as regular as possible & as close to the centerline of the road mesh as possible except for short tight 90degree turns (such as a street intersection) in which case you may want to have it around 1/3 of the way from center to inside edge to help stop cars pushing wide.
5.Once this is done do the same for the Fastline after selecting just it in the AIW Tool's options...
6.When completed, export to sim each version with the slightly different names & test.

This is how I go about CREATING an optional route IN BTB, depending on IF there's any objects that are different between the 2 tracks or not will mean slightly different ways of structuring of the combined & compressed (MAS Tool for rF) tracks...
IF there is some differences in Objects/walls/String Objects then I personally have no experience at that as of yet & would like to know myself...

Let us know which sim your building for & we can help or advise further.
Also, Kennett has a good pdf tutorial on what I wrote about just above but with pictures in a PDF format to download; http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/Fast_Alternate_AIW/
http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/Alt track layout.pdf
http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/laymans guide to aiw.pdf
Im not sure which will be of most help but they're all useful knowledge well worth the read.
Best of luck!

[EDIT: Just did a re-read & realized I had miss-named a part of the AIW editing options you will need to do.
* denotes the correction....]

Few quick questions: you mean how to do multiple layouts from a single project? The procedure varies depending on the title so are you doing a track for rFactor, GTR2, Race07?

Please use default font, you're text is barely visible.

Yes Kennett, I want to make a multiple layout for my last project!
The track-s are for rFactor!
Thanks in advance!

Im guessing you'd like to add another route joined via an intersection(s) to your original lay-out....?
If so, this is how I'd go about it...
1.Back-up your original & work from that.
2.Create the new road you have envisioned in place over the current lay-out.
3.When happy with that, use terrain tool>Shape>Select Nodes Tool & select Nodes of terrain that are no longer needed & use the Delete button on your keyboard.
4.Join the intersections following R Soul's awesome tutorial; http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/merge.rar
5.Create more terrain & join it all up then save.

NOW, say there's 2 route variations original & modified, hopefully the AIW from the previous work is still there & intact/unmolested (Sometimes it can become corrupted so best check)
1.Save the latest work twice with slightly different names eg; Butchered Track 1a & Butchered Track 1b with corresponding difference in your Export listing...
2.Open 2nd track & open AIW Tool.
3.Turn off all Driveline>Centerline options except Show Fastline.
4.In 2D overhead view grab the control points & place them around the track as desired & if you run out of control points hold Ctrl key & click away making sure to keep them as regular as possible & as close to the centerline of the road mesh as possible except for short tight 90degree turns (such as a street intersection) in which case you may want to have it around 1/3 of the way from center to inside edge to help stop cars pushing wide.
5.Once this is done do the same for the Fastline after selecting just it in the AIW Tool's options...
6.When completed, export to sim each version with the slightly v different names & test.

This is how I go about CREATING an optional route IN BTB, depending on IF there's any objects that are different between the 2 tracks or not will mean slightly different ways of structuring of the combined & compressed (MAS Tool for rF) tracks...
IF there is some differences in Objects/walls/String Objects then I personally have no experience at that as of yet & would like to know myself...

Let us know which sim your building for & we can help or advise further.
Also, Kennett has a good pdf tutorial on what I wrote about just above but with pictures in a PDF format to download; http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/Fast_Alternate_AIW/
http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/Alt track layout.pdf
http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/Tutorials/laymans guide to aiw.pdf
Im not sure which will be of most help but they're all useful knowledge well worth the read.
Best of luck!

Thanks Lee knight, for your tips! I will give it a look!

Building for rF -Sweet!:)
As I said I have never done multiple routes for rF that have extra/differently placed objects...
But if there are no differences besides the AIW's then this is what I do...
1.Now that you've Exported 2 (or more) working tracks with the same layout & 2 different AIW's make a MAS file of 1 but remove the following files;
AIW, CAM, GBD, SCN, TDF, xxxx_loading.jpg, Fullmini.tga, FullThmb.tga, xfinish.gmt, xpitin.gmt, xpitout.gmt, xsector1.gmt, xsector2.gmt & place them in a folder named after that track, for example ButcheredTrack1.
Now do the same for the other track but don't worry about making another MAS file as both will read from the one & leave out the SCN (Add the SCN from Track1)
Drop both folders into another folder named (for example) CoolButcheredTracks (be sure to leave no gaps in the name) along with your sky.mas & (track name).mas file you made earlier ...
2.Now comes the tricky bit, you'll need to edit the SCN from Track1 at the top to something like this;

CUBEASF

//-------------------------------------------------------

SearchPath=ComplexString_by_BLeeK
SearchPath=ComplexString_by_BLeeK\Full Forward
SearchPath=.

MASFile=Complex.mas
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS

For the next track's SCN the first part will be slightly different, like this;

SearchPath=ComplexString_by_BLeeK\Short1
SearchPath=.

MASFile=Complex.mas
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS

Now all thats left to do is edit the GBD, for the first track here's an example....
Full
{
Filter Properties = RoadCourse 2005 SRGrandPrix OWChallenge
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Complex String Full
EventName = Complex String Full
GrandPrixName = Complex String Full

VenueName = Complex String by BLeeK
Location = Far North Queensland
Length = 11.22 km
TrackType = Permanent Road Course
Track Record =
TerrainDataFile = Full.tdf

And right at the bottom of the GBD;
SettingsFolder = ComplexString
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = Full.svm
SettingsAI = Full.svm
Qualify Laptime = 55.669
Race Laptime = 55.869

Now the second tracks GBD needs to read slightly differently too, such as;
Short1
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Complex String Short1
EventName = Complex String Short1
GrandPrixName = Complex String Short1

Length = 4.67 km
Track Record =
TerrainDataFile = Short1.tdf

And at the bottom of it;
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = Short1.svm
SettingsAI = Short1.svm
Qualify Laptime = 55.669
Race Laptime = 55.869

The reason for the GBD is THAT is what shows up in rFactor in-game next to the menu tree & the SCN tells it what is in the menu tree.
If your still working on your track at this stage (like I am) & wish to update at any stage yet have not changed anything relating to AIW or sector gates or CAM e.t.c. then the only bit that will need swapping is the SCN that matches the fresh MAS file created, drop your MAS file in the main folder again & the SCN into the sub-folders & copy & paste the details as above into the new SCN & delete the old one...

Here is an example of a multi-route layout Im currently working on so you can have a look through at your leisure to see what Ive done; http://www.mediafire.com/?6rvdt2rtub435et
As I said, I don't know how to do this with say a Wall in one track but not another for example (if someone can tell me how to do that I'd be ever grateful) but should get you on your way...
Good luck & let us know how you get on with it ;):D

Building for rF -Sweet!:)
As I said I have never done multiple routes for rF that have extra/differently placed objects...
But if there are no differences besides the AIW's then this is what I do...
1.Now that you've Exported 2 (or more) working tracks with the same layout & 2 different AIW's make a MAS file of 1 but remove the following files;
AIW, CAM, GBD, SCN, TDF, xxxx_loading.jpg, Fullmini.tga, FullThmb.tga, xfinish.gmt, xpitin.gmt, xpitout.gmt, xsector1.gmt, xsector2.gmt & place them in a folder named after that track, for example ButcheredTrack1.
Now do the same for the other track but don't worry about making another MAS file as both will read from the one & leave out the SCN (Add the SCN from Track1)
Drop both folders into another folder named (for example) CoolButcheredTracks (be sure to leave no gaps in the name) along with your sky.mas & (track name).mas file you made earlier ...
2.Now comes the tricky bit, you'll need to edit the SCN from Track1 at the top to something like this;

CUBEASF

SearchPath=ComplexString_by_BLeeK\Full Forward
SearchPath=.

MASFile=Complex.mas
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS

For the next track's SCN the first part will be slightly different, like this;

SearchPath=ComplexString_by_BLeeK\Short1
SearchPath=.

MASFile=Complex.mas
MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=COMMONMAPS.MAS

Now all thats left to do is edit the GBD, for the first track here's an example....
Full
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Complex String Full
EventName = Complex String Full
GrandPrixName = Complex String Full

Length = 11.22 km
Track Record =
TerrainDataFile = Full.tdf

And right at the bottom of the GBD;
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = Full.svm
SettingsAI = Full.svm
Qualify Laptime = 55.669
Race Laptime = 55.869

Now the second tracks GBD needs to read slightly differently too, such as;
Short1
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Complex String Short1
EventName = Complex String Short1
GrandPrixName = Complex String Short1

Length = 4.67 km
Track Record =
TerrainDataFile = Short1.tdf

And at the bottom of it;
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = Short1.svm
SettingsAI = Short1.svm
Qualify Laptime = 55.669
Race Laptime = 55.869

The reason for the GBD is THAT is what shows up in rFactor in-game next to the menu tree & the SCN tells it what is in the menu tree.
If your still working on your track at this stage (like I am) & wish to update at any stage yet have not changed anything relating to AIW or sector gates or CAM e.t.c. then the only bit that will need swapping is the SCN that matches the fresh MAS file created, drop your MAS file in the main folder again & the SCN into the sub-folders & copy & paste the details as above into the new SCN & delete the old one...

Here is an example of a multi-route layout Im currently working on so you can have a look through at your leisure to see what Ive done; http://www.mediafire.com/?6rvdt2rtub435et
As I said, I don't know how to do this with say a Wall in one track but not another for example (if someone can tell me how to do that I'd be ever grateful) but should get you on your way...
Good luck & let us know how you get on with it ;):D

Thanks again man! You are very professional, I am less than a beginner!:thumbsup:

None of us here are pros. We had a good luck when we came here, martinez et co were still somewhat active so we got to enjoy their guidance and knowledge. So if you get advices here, you're obliged (not really. but it would be nice..) to help the next newcomer.

Make sure you read everything you need here: SimTrackipedia
Keep it in your bookmarks.. Download the tutorials and XPacks while you still can from by storage: http://cream.galleria.fi/BTB/ It's only open until 8th of this month...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back